Missing Dialogue?

Returning after near 2 year absence to play through all of shadowlands, this only started being an issue once i got to Oribos. This did not occur back when i played near launch of this expansion.
seemingly random lines of dialogue in shadowlands are missing. when characters speak aloud to each other, sometimes one of them will simply not speak aloud (no text in my chat window either) for the length of time they should be talking, and then the other characters reply as if they had spoken. i’ve closed the game and run the “Scan and repair” option in the launcher but afterwords its still occurring. while not game-breaking it is annoying as i’d like to experience the expansion in its full again

9 Likes

Some addons have triggers for skipping dialogue (and the sounds for it), but skipped dialogue can also be caused by connection issues.

I’ve been experiencing this since the game came back up after Tuesday maintenance. It’s weird, seemingly random, and kinda annoying.

4 Likes

I am also experiencing this since last week.
It is annoying. If you guys find a solution please share

3 Likes

Same issue since the last patch. Dialogues not appearing in BFA and SL ( or only parts of it for certain npcs ). Happens in The Main story and elsewhere. For me it is a game breaking bug that cut a lot of the Story for the last 2 xpcs…

2 Likes

I have the same problem. Some dialogue completely disappears and it totally ruins the lore and the experience. I restarted the interface and I have no addons installed.

3 Likes

Same problem, and I have completely ruled out AddOns. I closed WoW, renamed my WTF, Cache, and Interface folders, did a scan and repair, restarted without addons (no, they didn’t come back, I didn’t have an addon manager running anyway), and ran /console cvar_default, then restarted again. Dialogue still doesn’t work.

Also I do not have any connection issues. No high ping, no lag spikes, everything else is fine.

This is a bug as far as I can tell and not some fluke or an issue on my end.

5 Likes

Did the maintenance fix it? Just wondering. I hope it did. I know they are working on AH stuff, but let’s hope Blizzard addresses this too

2 Likes

I’d love to know if this gets fixed anytime soon. I came back after 2 years only to find I can’t even properly enjoy the story.

8 Likes

I have the same problem

Several dialogs from the Chains of Domination campaign are missing. You don’t even see the text appear. There’s just a long pause and then one of the NPCs responds but we don’t know the context because half of the dialogue is missing. It really ruins the immersion.

Please fix it !

7 Likes

Having the same issue here. Turned off all addons and still dealing with skipped dialogue. Nothing even appears in the chat box, just an awkward pause of silence until the dialogue supposedly plays out. Total bummer for questing and lore. Is there no way to fix this?

1 Like

There’s absolutely no way to avoid the issue until it gets fixed. I don’t think the issue’s getting fixed until at least Patch 10.0.1. It’s one of those issue that seemingly can’t be fixed through a hotfix.

It doesn’t seem to happen on PTR at the moment.

2 Likes

Anyone find a fix for this issue yet? It’s a plague for me.

2 Likes