Missing all my pet charms and marks of honor

Sorry in advance for the length, I wanted to include as much information as possible in hopes that his can get figured out here. I submitted a ticket but they did not seem to even want to try to help me figure this out. Plus they merged this issue with another totally seperate issue I was having that they could not even understand so it basically was ignored. So I am posting this here to plead with someone to please help me find my missing items as it has taken me a very long time to collect all of them.

I had been playing almost daily for all of BFA and into SL until earlier this year I was unable to play due to computer issues which also unfortunately coincided with some other health issues that caused my pc issues to take longer than I wanted to get fixed. Basically I was unable to login and play during April of this year. When I was able to login again I knew that I had a lot of items in the mail of my 2 alts that I use for auctioning items on one of the servers I play on so I looked into restoring the items for them, which somehow turned into them getting perma deleted because of the restoration process and my understanding of the way it flows/works.

Basically after I thought I had selected all the items for the first toon I went to switch to my other one to select those items as well but it did not allow me to and instead submitted what I was doing and then turned on the timed delay of 7 or 14 days for my whole account so I was unable to finish going through that other AH toon and any of my other toons that I thought might have had anything in their mail. I know that the restoration is not limited to you only being able to restore items for one toon every 7 or 14 days so I don’t know why it did not allow me to do this so in my ticket I aksed about this just to be hit with the robo reply. They didn’t even seem to read what I was trying to say had happened.

Frustrated I did not know what to do but then a little while later on I noticed that I had no pet charms on any of my toons, both Polished and Shiny. I know that I had about 2200 Polished pet charms and around 300 of the Shiny pet charms the last time I had seen them mostly on 3 different toons. I submitted a ticket about the issue like I said but it was no help. This was a few weeks ago, since then I have tried to find out where they might have gone with no answer as of yet but I also noticed recently that I only had any Marks of honor on my main that I am playing now, but none of my other toons had any. I know that I had over 100 of them on my old main that I had done a server transfer last year with. I know I had not spent any of these items so I don’t know what happened to them.

It hurt enough basically having to lose the amount of items and gold that were in my 2 ah alts mail due to whatever happened with the restoration that I was trying to do, not to mention whatever may have been in my few other alts mail. Knowing that my bad luck with personal issues caused this to happen just makes the whole thing even more upsetting. That is why I am asking someone here to please help me recover my mssing charms and marks of honor from wherever they ran off to. The last I remember they were all still in the respective toons banks so all the information I gave is what I know, but I suspect they went missing sometime after April.

Thanks in advance and again sorry for the lengthy post

This is mainly a player to player discussion forum.

Usually items do not vanish. They either are spent with out realizing it, or there was a different count than what the user recollects.

I see you mention the restoration system, but usually that does not help with alternate currencies, or stackable items.

Perhaps you mailed them to a character to consolidate your stash, then left them in the mail for an extended time?

7 Likes

Ultimately, we can probably also approach your original ticket. You were quite verbose here, doing that in a ticket can be confusing. You mentioned it was merged with another ticket, so perhaps that a why it was.

7 Likes

While I certainly appreciate that you want to convey the events that happened, Shanksong, most of the time the specifics aren’t exactly useful and tend to muddle what you may be asking.

"I seem to be missing X, and Y on this character (name), and this (name) on Z realm. " tends to keep things succinct.

We can only verify what is there, Shanksorg. We can look into the active inventory and what is considered the deleted inventory (which is what happens to a charm when used or otherwise deleted). An item only remains in the deleted inventory for a very limited amount of time though, so if it is beyond that time there is little we’d be able to tell you.

I looked at several of your characters and this is what I can find now.

Level 60 Orc Hunter:
148 Polished Pet Charms in a Lightless Silk Pouch - Bank.
68 Polished Pet Charms in a Lightless Silk Pouch - On character.
55 Marks of Honor in a Lightless Silk Pouch - Bank.

Level 50 Night Elf Hunter:
4 Shiny Pet Charms in Embroidered Deep Sea Bag - On character.

Now, the level 50 Night Elf Hunter seems to be the one that you transferred back in June of 2020, and at the time of transfer, I can see you had 909 Polished and 280 Shiny Pet Charms, and 104 Marks of Honor.

The problem being, we have no idea what may have happened between then and now. As Kozzae mentioned items rarely just vanish, at least not on an individual level. If there had been an issue that caused items to disappear it would have happened to hundreds/thousands of other characters. The Charms and Marks could have been used to purchase items, we have no way of knowing.

I am sorry that we were unable to recover the items you were looking for.

5 Likes

Thanks for the replies and my apologies for adding so many details. I actually went through some of my old backups I make to my WTF folder and using my armory addon it looks like right before I was forced offline for that time I had made a new toon and boosted it planning on using it for my new main. It appears I sent my charms and marks of honor to this toon I am assuiming right when my PC broke.

What is strange to me though is that If I sentt them to this toon wouldn’t they have ben returned if I was unable to open them for 30 days ? Because when I was able to get back in the game I don’t ever recall seing them in any mailboxes and I am pretty sure I went through all of them, at least I know for sure I did on the onnes that would have sent the charms originally.

If anyone knows of any way to look at your mail history that would be great, I would think that TSM would have this possibility but I have yet to find any way to do it using that one. But I do find it wierd that my TSM ledger shows the most expensive item I bought this year was the Bruto mount for 5mil, yet I do not have it anywhre . Something is funny theree for sure.

Mail should be returned to sender after 30 days but if the sender doesn’t pick it up within the next 30 days, it is permanently deleted.

Blizzard only keeps records of deleted mail for a very few days - less than a week. After that, they are gone forever.

4 Likes