Misdirect Macro for MM Hunters

Okay, I know there are tons or resources for this type of macro – but I have not been able to find what I am looking for since the Lone Wolf ability is now standard and MM hunters generally don’t use pets in dungeons/raids anymore…

I can set my focus to anyone in the party/raid group and use a standard Misdirect macro – along with my pet, it works pretty good (did this until Lone Wolf was a thing)

Now with Lone Wolf, my pet is always dismissed in a dungeon/raid. If the tank dies, I want to pull my pet out and have the focus set to my pet automatically without clicking on the pet or unfocusing the dead tank and pet-tank the dungeon/raid boss to either finish the boss out or hold out until the tank gets a res…

Is there a way to do this? Other misdirect macros on wowpedia, wowhead, and on the forums here have pretty much the same thing:

/cast [@focus,help][help][@pet,exists] Misdirection

The above will not work the way I have stated here, for the above, I would have to re-set my focus manually to my pet by or deselect the dead tank focus – which I don’t want to do, just in case the tank gets res’d, I still want the focus on the main tank without having to select the tank and setting the focus again…

With the updated game mechanics in dungeons/raids, I want to automate this and not have to worry about it, I rather focus (no pun intended) on the boss mechanics and not trying to figure out pet focus stuff…

Thanks in advance…

/cheers

Not a master with macros at all, have only really “just” started making anything more complicated than a simple mouseover cast - but couldn’t you just add nodead to the @focus?

So if anyone needs macro help, ask me. I wrote and maintain the guide for macros on the UI & Macros forum here: Macros: Essential Information

For Misdirection, this is what I use:

#showtooltip
/use [help][@focus,help,nodead][@pet,pet,nodead][]Misdirection

This will use it on a friendly you manually target, your friendly Focus if you don’t have a friendly target, your pet if you don’t have a friendly Focus, and it will highlight the cursor to click on the target if none of those conditions are true. I generally Focus the tank in my raid and dungeon groups, giving me an easy means to Misdirect on cooldown without ever having to think about whether it’s going on the right target.

You can also add this in to other abilities since it is off the GCD.

4 Likes