Mirror images

Can we please have this addressed? Mirror images still dont function properly half the time and its beyond frustrating to have a cooldown for mages be practically useless

1 Like

I never have any problems with it. I just have to throw a spell at the boss first, which isn’t a huge deal because they don’t typically last the entire fight anyway. If you cast them first before any other actions they seem to just stand there

1 Like

Is that what it is? I’ll have to try that.

That doesnt work all the time
And mirror images also retain threat if you wipe or die which leads to pre pulls

I’ve never had them not attack the boss before using that method, so I have no idea why it isn’t working for you /shrug

I also don’t really understand the second part of your comment? They retain threat if you die? How are they still alive if you die? Or how is it leading to pre-pulls if you die? I’m confused

You use them again and they retain all threat you generate

Wait, so you die, you re-enter the instance or are rezzed , cast Mirror Image and the second cast of Mirror Image has retained threat from before you even re-entered/were rezzed into the instance?

I’ve never experienced that, if so that’s bizarre. I still don’t understand how they’re pre-pulling though, if the issue is then not attacking

Stop using Images as a boss cooldown, it isn’t there for DPS, it’s literally a loss of dps using them.

They are there so you can nuke earlier and not get aggro.

Prepot and image on prepull so you can send without ever getting aggro.

Huge AOE pack??

Cast images and never die.

Images aren’t a dps spell, they are a 30 second you can’t get aggro spell.

1 Like

It could be similar to Baron Geddon’s Living Bomb on a pet, so it wouldn’t surprise me.

The whole point of MI is so you can start attacking immediately when the boss is pulled, by queuing arcane blast at the 2ish second mark on the pull timer and having MI already cast prior to that. So, doing that is kind of a big deal, as it defeats the purpose of what it’s for in a raiding environment. Otherwise, it’s best used if you have to move and don’t have PoM available.

They do like 13k damage so they’re not really there for damage, although I agree it is annoying that they don’t attack most of the time. They’re there so you can attack immediately and not pull threat. OR, if you have to move, and don’t have PoM, it’s probably the best GCD you can use.

1 Like

WHY IS THIS STILL NOT FIXED? WHY does blizzard/ccp think it’s OK to give us spells that don’t work when that’s why we play? WHY is Completely IGNORING an entire class in this game and in support ok? Do you expect people to continue PAYING you for the bold Insult of being IGNORED?

They not completely ignoring the entire class.

They ignoring everything people complain about to fix what they want to massive diff.

Eg hunter pet bug that has been there for awhile.

They fix what they want to eg armor pots but not what you complain about.

They don’t expect you to keep paying they KNOW you will keep paying massive diff. Hense you still being here, when its been like this for a long long time. This mage case is nothing new, its just another example of the same.

I don’t think you’re using it right.

Are you talking pvp or pve?

try casting them when not targeting the boss. Apparently if you’re targeting the boss they will pull, at least that’s what happens with us sometimes.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.