Minute long delays when looting or trying to attack after looting

This is making the game completely unplayable right now. I have turned off all addons, I am still getting minute long delays when trying to attack, change forms, stealth, etc.

8 Likes

Dragonflight just launched a little over two hours ago. The servers are positively inundated with everyone trying to log in and questing in the new zones. Itā€™ll be like that for likely the next several days.

1 Like

Crymore, at least you got to the island. The rest of the server is sitting on the dock.

1 Like

My daughter is questing with me and she has no issues. Itā€™s not a general server lag. I can literally see people moving around, mobs moving around, I can talk in chat. The button lights up but there is no actual action. We are in the same house on the same internet and I have nearly 200 fps.

Last I looked, this is a forum to report issues. As for me being able to get to the Isles, it does me a lot of good when I canā€™t actually play.

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure where that was, but it is not for game issues, no. You might be thinking Technical Support.

1 Like

Thatā€™s no excuse. Blizz is charging money to play this game and youā€™d think after 15 years theyā€™d have figured out how to do this. Every single patch its the same problems over and over. There is no excuse for this shoddy work.

5 Likes

No amount of time or money will stop a flood of people rushing through a given gate to play the newest thing at the earliest point.

1 Like

Proper forum would be bug report or tech support for most issues this is mostly a player to player support forum

1 Like

You know, if you guys donā€™t have this issue, thatā€™s great. Maybe other people do. Iā€™m posting in customer support, for support.

1 Like

I cant even get to dragon isles along with many players theres no GMS that can fix the issues on the forums.

1 Like

But as mentioned, youā€™re posting in the wrong forum for the support youā€™re looking for.

This forum is not for ā€œIā€™m a customer, support me.ā€ Technical issues belong in Technical Support. Bug belong in Bug Reports.

For looting lag, yes itā€™s possible for two people on computers side-by-side to have different looting times. Different computer specs. Different connections. Different addons. Age of the character might come into it as well.

The first step to seeing if you can improve your looting speed is to reset you UI using Resetting the WoW User Interface. Because of issues at the moment, you may have a delay logging back in when checking if this resolves your issue.

Same issue here. Interacting with NPCs, looting, interacting with objects. Everything takes at least a minute. (Iā€™m on my Stormrage paladin). Chat has no delay.

5 Likes

Thank you for confirming this. Every time I loot it I canā€™t take any other actions for about a minute. Even though I can see everyone and everything moving, can talk in chat, see my buttons lighting up, just not getting any response. Everyone here just seems to want to say ā€œYeah itā€™s server lagā€ when it most certainly is not. Iā€™ve played this game since early BC and Iā€™m very aware of the differences.

1 Like

Howdy Everyone,

Thank you for the reports, we have confirmed this is happening because of the server issues at this time.

Hopefully it will clear up soon and not slow you down to much.

3 Likes

Already tried it. Nothing has helped. I have been playing this game since early BC and I am very well versed in solving issues. I am also very well versed in computers and IT.

I didnā€™t say ā€œIā€™m a customer, support meā€ I am however looking to see if others are experiencing this issue and maybe finding an answer on how to fix it. These forums are for just this type of thing. If others are experiencing this, and there are others, then maybe we can figure out how to fix it.

And look, thereā€™s a blue post confirming itā€™s an actual issue. Imagine that!

Thank you Joynueer! Iā€™m glad to have confirmation on this issue. I hope it gets fixed soon because in this state the game is entirely unplayable.

Thank you! :dracthyr_heart:

So how ā€˜soonā€™ is soon? Cause Iā€™ve been experiencing them persistently for hours and multiple logins and even a complete reinstall of the game, and yet the lag issues seem to be very specific yet different for different people.

In my case I get 10+ second lag in opening items, selling things or trying to get UI prompts (such as clicking on NPCā€™s for quests). Yet OP of this post is getting major delays in attack and gameplay mechanics, a person in another post is getting major lag in looting.

It seems a little weird how these lag issues seem to be very specific and distinct to different people and not generally the same between everyone.

2 Likes