Minimum Ilvl for Heroics is 342.. But I was doing them at 320?

Hello. I was doing heroics just fine at ilvl 334 all day, and now suddenly I cant queue for them because it says I need ilvl 342. Why did this change? Is it a bug, or did blizz hotfix it?

1 Like

Seems like it was a ā€˜featureā€™ which was hotfixed this afternoon. I completed three on my main and now Iā€™m queuing to replace one of three slots :). Itā€™s a shame it was applied without warning.

Interesting, all day i could never queue for heroics despite steadily increasing to 342. Must have been a bug.

Iā€™ve seen reports that equipping profession equipment was changing the ā€œequipped ilvlā€ to much higher, allowing you to queue for content prior to reaching the required ilvl. Maybe that bug was fixed or you changed your profession gear?

1 Like

Bruh its been driving me crazy trying to figure out where i got the extra ilvl from. Thank you!

1 Like

same here :frowning:
worst part is i was doing just fine at ilvl 312. 342 is definitely not needed

1 Like

Youā€™re on a hyper over-tuned class. Most classes/players could not make up a 50ilvl difference.

I was tanking them sub 320 with 0 respect for pull sizes. They arenā€™t tuned for 340 ilvl at all.

Acknowledging that Iā€™m at worst, above average, 325 or 330 is probably appropriate, but definitely not 340.

2 Likes

Youā€™re a considerably above average player. Iā€™ve spent all week watching entire groups do zero kicks, and stand in the same mechanics that just hit them for 50% HP 5 seconds after it last happened. What Iā€™m saying is the typical WoW player needs all the help they can get.

But certain classes right now are just going to perform. I geared a DH in preseason to see what all the fuss was about, I genuinely believe he was crushing other players with way less gear. Soul Rend is off the charts right now. Lol

The requirement is 342 PvP ilvl. If you mouseover the ilvl on your character sheet itā€™ll show pvp ilvl. Iā€™m not sure of the math but itā€™s about 320.

wrong, at 320 you should be doing mythic zero dungeons!.

3 Likes

Cleared all the M0ā€™s in my 330ā€™s with a group of friends. I think the higher ilvl requirement is meant to overcome the ā€˜pug factorā€™.

1 Like

The 342 iLvl requirement on heroics is too high imho. Theyā€™re not that much harder than normals. You can do m0s at like iLvl 320 without any issues.

2 Likes

There was a bug earlier in the week that was showing my ilvl as 378 in my bags and 320 equipped even though I had no gear in my bags, that was letting me queue. With my alts though Iā€™ve just been jumping straight into m0ā€™s as a fresh 70, gear really isnā€™t required in these dungeons as long as you do the mechanics. Theyā€™re pretty simple.

i was complimenting them on the ease to go from normal to heroic too. shame.