Mind Control: Default hostile spell casting is bypassing friendly MC status toggle. Working as Intended?

I saw this on a twitch stream earlier.
I’m not sure if this is a bug or clever use of game mechanics.

It involves a 2v2 composition of Mage+Priest.

Ability 1: Greater Pyro Blast (Fire Mage)
Ability 2: Mind Control (Priest)
After any successful G-pyro…

1. MC cast/precast + G-pyro start casting (MC target cannot be healed)
  2. MC cancel + G-pyro finish casting (MC target can be damaged)
  3. Repeat steps 1 & 2 until target is dead
  4. If target is full DR… use different CC / swap targets and repeat steps 1-3.

How it works.

1. Mage casting Greater Pyro (3.5s cast)
  2. Priest the lands a Mind control (2s cast/precast) after the Greater Pyro Blast starts to cast. MC’ing the target for up to 3 seconds at point the MC is canceled and G-Pyro finishes casting. With proper timing the target is fully mind controlled unable to receive any healing and canceling all mid cast heals on the target. Additionally G-Pyro casts as if the target was never mind controlled. There is effectively a 0-2 second window in which to heal/top off the MC’d target provided there is no additional CC going out such such as a poly morph, fear, knockback, root, direct interrupts.

The Problem: If MC is used between the start and end of a hostile spell or ability. All casting bar abilities can currently bypass the mind control friendly target status. Additionally this interrupts all current healing casts on the MC’d target as well. This combo allows you to successfully hard cast nuke any target while under mind control and at the same time preventing them from receiving nearly all healing 50-90% of the time. (OUCH)

ACTUAL PROBLEM: Mind controlled targets allow for all previous hostile actions to continue casting even while the target is friendly. If the mind control ends before the hostile cast is completed the spell activates as if the target was hostile the entire time. Even if the target was friendly during the majority of the cast. Additionally during this mind control all healing via casting is prevented and canceled due to hostile targeting.
POSSIBLE SOLUTION: This could be an overlooked interaction with spell mechanics. If not, its very easy to abuse. Literally pressing 1 button in sequence. G-PYRO + MC, a timed precast MC + G(precast is even more brutal). With both of these skills having zero cooldown, I would suggest looking into this spell combination synergy.

SECONDARY PROBLEM: Mind controlled targets cannot be healed.
SECONDARY SOLUTION: This is likely working as intended. If changed it could make PvE mind control very awkward within PvE encounters. I suggest not altering this too much as it may have implications elsewhere in the game.

This combination in 2v2’s is basically an “I WIN” nearly every match.