Mild Paced Rotations

So I’m trying to figure out a DPS spec to main for Shadow Lands. At this point, I’m willing to look at everything. What I’m hoping for in terms of gameplay:

1. Mellow Pacing
    I don’t need to be jamming my keyboard every single GCD. I like occasionally having a free moment to just sit back, watch the fight unfold, and think about my next play.

2. Relatively Proc-less
    I prefer having control over my character’s gameplay. Admittedly, this is lower on the totem pole than 1.

3. Can Be Difficult
    In the past , I would have said that too many buttons frightened me, but having found out about macros and weak auras, my action bars have thinned out immensely. I guess that’s just growing as a player. So long as the skill floor isn’t too unbearably, high, I can manage.

I appreciate in advance any advice the community has. Thank you.

This immediately removes any melee dps from consideration.

I feel like Destro lock is a decent fit here. Build shards, spend shards, not many procs. If you want something a bit more involved down the road, affliction is shaping up to look pretty interesting in SL as well with a lot more focus on maintaining your DoT uptime.

Demo needs a certain level of awareness in your rotation as well, as if you lose your momentum, your dps is immediately and drastically effected.

1 Like

Thanks for your input. I’ll make a destro warlock and take him out for a spin.

A good way to do that is to make a trial character. It will give you a test drive at level 110 with an introduction scenario to the spec, as well as some time to bash on a target dummy afterwords. :slight_smile:

1 Like