Midsummer Bonfire/Burning Blossom

Having this issue on multiple toons and others in Org as well.

Literally standing on the midsummer bonfire in Orgrimmar and trying to use a burning blossom for crit buff gives the error “Out of Range”.
Moving away from the fire gives the error “Requires Midsummer Bonfire”.

Wasn’t doing this last night.

Edit: Tried Org fire 24+hrs later, still unusable. TB and UC worked, seems like there’s a limit to how many you can use on a fire?

3 Likes

i also have this problem

pretty sure this is from others using the bonfire in quick succession before you tried to, it decays over time but after 3 hits it will take a bit of time for it to accept new burning blossoms similar to how other objects respawn after being used, unsure of the respawn timer though.

Definitely not…I am trying to do this now myself…I am the ONLY person near the bonfire…says ‘out of range’…Tried it in a different location with 0 people again near it…on two different characters…same bullsht ‘out of range’. This is nothing more then a poor coding job on blizzards end

It is a glitch. As ridiculous as this sounds, you need to jump and turn. I had to jump around the fire about 20 times while clicking the blossom constantly to get it to work.

Sometimes the cast would get to 90% and stop, but eventually it worked.

I tried this…I also watched 100 other people run up and just burn the flower 0 problem…getting super tilting. Like how the hell does it work 0 problem then all the sudden now it wont

Having the same issue. Tried suggestions in the thread. Not working.

update:

It worked for me on my warrior 3 hours ago. My solution is not working now on my rogue.

However, I just went to Ironforge and it worked like normal on the first try, Stormwind was not working for me.

1 Like

This actually worked for me, as bizarre as it sounds.

from the spell description:

Effect #1 Trigger Spell

Toss Fuel on Bonfire (Activate object effect)

Effect #2 Dummy
Server-side script

Effect #3 Trigger Spell
Fire Festival Fury

I would say there is a fixed amount of Bunnies with a respawn timer, this is why if anyone has touched it in the past x amount of time before the bunnies respawn and repopulate it will say invalid target, its just by chance that when you’re spamming it one of them respawns. has nothing to do with angles or jumping.

just look at this spell, it summons the object that the blossom requires.
spell=28784 summon-midsummer-bonfire-bunnies

This makes the most sense, I don’t play at peak time so just super unlucky to be on cd after 24hrs. I am able to use the Org fire tonight, was 5 am and tested a bit. Went thru a full stack of 20 and didn’t hit the cd period. Possibly f’d others though.

I am convinced this is an addon-related problem. Very few people seem to experience this, and this is basically the only thread even mentioning it. If anyone figures this out, PLEASE come back and share with the rest of us.

I started having the issue a few days after it started. Then the first tue came and all of a sudden it was working fine again (this is the only reason i’d think it’s NOT addon-related…), but by fri night it stopped working again (“no valid target”).

I wish someone with more technical knowledge (or a blue post) could respond to this, but since it seems to be such a small group affected I’m not holding my breath…