Microtransactions in Era

With the rise in popularity of Era I feel that at some point Blizzard will introduce services for tokens, clones(yes they still exist), faction swaps, race/gender/appearance changes, etc.

Do you think they will since it provides them with a decent revenue stream? Would these transactions have a drastically negative effect on our servers?

Would like to hear your thoughts.

Yes. The company’s goal is ultimately to make money.
Unfortunately for the end users

1 Like

I think that will affect the game in the same way like Retail.

I am not sure if that will be positive.

The only additions to the shop wich I could imagine are Race Change ,Name Change(not sure if that it’s already in) and maybe Gender Change ? This wouldn’t affect the Game I think .

Faction , Token & Boost … . It would be negative. Just my opinion.

1 Like

I think if they add any of the micro transactions to era you will see many people return to the pserver scene. After reading Blizz’s response to the backlash of adding p2w to Wrath, it seems they understand that the vanilla player base are not a fan of the micro/p2w additions so hopefully they stay away.

No, this is unnecessary and is available in other versions.

I’m not worried.

If people are willing to pay, then it’s not unfortunate.

It’s pretty clear that a good chunk of the players aren’t afraid of forking over heaps of cash.

1 Like

There has never been a shortage of people willing to spend REAL money for in game stuff, from buying geared up toons to leveling and gold, the sad thing is there are people willing to spend money on a game they really don’t want to play, it’s absolutely bizarre.

If Blizzard doesn’t do it, then 3rd parties will jump right in and do it and the people who BUY stuff will not miss a beat. It is the ultimate in LAZY, says more about the player base than the company. If not YOU then someone you play with is buying these virtual goods and services.

1 Like