Merging Old Account with New - What do I lose?

I’ve played this game for a really long time. My original account that I was super sweaty on I got a lot of cool items and mounts that are no longer obtainable.
Around Cataclysm I quit the game due to school and didn’t come back until late MoP.
When I had returned to the game I found my account had been hacked and the information changed, I ticketed a couple GMs but they couldn’t find it at the time and I really didn’t care because I just wanted to raid with a few friends and the new boost service had come out.
I played that MoP birthed account ever since. However, I now have been able to recover my original account! I am very happy except for the fact that I have now invested thousands of hours in my current account and don’t want to lose the things I have accumulated there.

Basically my question is this: If I am to merge my two WoW accounts into a single Battle.net account what do I lose?

For example, I have one of the gladiator’s netherdrake mounts on my old account. I was googling around and found that gladiator mounts are now account wide (which is awesome because I don’t play priest anymore) but I see people saying that this change means that if I was to transfer my character that earned the mount to my new account the mount would not follow with it.
I really don’t have much connection to the random pieces of outdated gear that he has in his bags. Is it possible to bring that mount and some of the toys and stuff he has to my main account if they aren’t physical ingame items anymore? I don’t mind paying for a transfer or doing some complicated process if I can get it to work.

Thanks for reading.

Cant realy merge per say but u can transfer toons between account provided there both upgraded to shadowland u cant downgrade from a higher version to a lower version. Now if u transfer from original to new account you will lose all those hard to find mounts that arent obtainable.

1 Like

Dang so I’m just SOL?
I remember that for a few years after the Battle.net system was introduced in late WoTLK you could merge your pre-battlenet WoW accounts into a battlenet account.
Where nowadays you see “WoW1” and “WoW2” for example I had my two accounts I used for playing Alliance and Horde on the same server merged into one so it was “MarepnounthAlly” and “MarephnounthHordie” where those two options were. Kinda was hoping that same merging implementation was still available.

Provided both Battle.net accounts are registered to the same name, you should be able to move WoW licenses between them. Just bear in mind that most mounts, pets, and achievements are bound to the Battle.net account and will not transfer over.
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/000002627
More info on restrictions:

2 Likes

Unfortunately I found this article on the EU forums that seems to confirm my fear that I am out of luck.
https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/merging-battle-net-account/45451/3
Please Blizzard, can you consider changing this system? Let me give you my money!

You might want to post any suggestions at the General Discussion forum, or use the in-game suggestion tool.

None of the Blue posters at the Customer Support forum are liaisons to the development team.

1 Like