Merge duplicate characters on the forum after server transfer?

To be clear, this isn’t concerning my actual WoW character, only the avatar I use to post here.

That said, I just completed a character transfer from Hyjal to Wyrmrest Accord and, as I suspected because of the [name]-[server] format that the site uses to differentiate characters, a new Apolleon was created on the forum after the transfer. I’m wondering if it’d be possible to merge Apolleon-hyjal (the one I’m currently posting from) with the active Apolleon-wyrmrest-accord counterpart?

Obviously not a dealbreaker, but I assume I’ll lose forum access to Apolleon-hyjal whenever I log out again, and if there’s a chance I won’t have to rebuild my trust level, I’ll take it lol.

Thanks, either way! :sparkling_heart:

Create a character with that name on your old server and you can retain your trust level on that character.

At the moment it is not possible to move/merge your trust level after a realm transfer because of how they had to modify the forum software to allow us to post on our characters instead of our Battletag.

8 Likes

You will, however, have to level the new chararacter with that name on the old server, to level 10 to re-acquire posting privileges and inherit the old characters posting history.

4 Likes

If Allied Races are available to the OP, they start at level 10.

4 Likes

This is why I tend to use an alt I never plan on transferring any place but their current server. Good reason now a lot of people do not post much on their main.