Mentality of classic(Big Rant)

Plate BoE dropped and a mage needed on it.

Why would you even ask if you can need also. Of course you can.

Click need and put the dumbass mage on ignore.

There is a simple solution to this.

1 Like

I dont know what server you are on, but feel free to come to mankirk, we have a lot of good people, and good old time guilds from back in the day.
That combined with the fact that it is PvE, makes for a very nice playing experience.
I have never had a loot ninja.
I have never had quests mobs stolen, I have always gotten or given a group invite.
I have not seen any of the reserved stuff or charging for runs…
I have never had to kick or been kicked from a dungeon.

Not to say it does not happen, but it is definitely not as prevelent here…

1 Like

Well, assume from the start you won’t have any loot and treat each loot as a happy moment.

Personally, I need on any item which is an immediate upgrade for me (And I’ll equip it).

If let’s say warrior DPS needs on my tanking weapon and wins, I’ll just add him in ignore and finish instance (Won’t leave 3 other people alone because of 1 player). If it is outside instance, I’ll just leave the group. I don’t have patience to talk with idiots, so better just leave them alone.

2 Likes

I personally don’t see a problem with needing something if loot was not discussed. You win some random boe that you can’t use… You sell it and buy something you can use for equal value. Raiding obliviously the rules are different

1 Like

So you are perfectly fine with a paladin needing on BoP blue ranged weapon? It wasn’t discussed.

I hope I’ll never group with you.

1 Like

Ya I am fine with it because I make sure my group is fine with it before hand… We state need on every boe and everyone is always ok with it. If your not then you leave and we fill.

1 Like

I learned to wait until everyone has rolled before rolling. If I saw a clothie roll need on boe they couldn’t use after they agreed not to, i would as well. I learned that in vanilla, after being burned by liars too many times.

1 Like

Quit being a doormat. Seriously, this is life advice. Stand up for yourself or people will take advantage of you for your entire life.

1 Like

Respect, I’m an old lady. lol Also I try to avoid drama now that I’m older. I just don’t want to deal with it.

Nope. I don’t expect it to change, either. But I also don’t care if they’re a tool. If I need a BoE, I’ll equip it right away. If they need a BoE to sell or for an alt, and I need because I’ll use, I’m gone. I don’t ask if I can roll, I roll.

I do not need on BoE to sell unless everyone is doing so and it’s agreed that BoEs are always need roll. Ever.

Eventually I will quit WoW and either return to SCUM, or play Pantheon (if it comes out by then).

1 Like

Thank you for the life advice but I am not a door mat by any means I just don’t wanna deal with drama now that I’m older. Maybe games like these aren’t good for me any more??? I don’t know, I just feel like what goes around comes around to these players that all do me wrong. I guess I just expect the human race to be honest and have integrity. I’m just gonna play as a loner I think. I can’t deal with some of these people. I’m not saying all players are like this because some are really cool. Maybe I just have bad luck with meeting the wrong players…
Maybe I just need to not be so nice and accepting…lol I don’t know but it is making my game play stressful and sad and I’m here to enjoy myself and help other’s do the same. I feel let down to be honest but maybe I need to stop taking things to heart. I usually try not to be that person that lets the internet get to me but I’ve grown sensitive for some reason maybe menopause. It sucks being a woman sometimes … lol. I don’t know but getting my feelings hurt through a video game is just odd, don’t you think? But how come that player felt that too?

Maybe he has a conscious after all and maybe I helped him realize it. I hope so.

thank you, I might do that actually.

Back in the day from what I recall this did not happen as much but yes in raids for sure, no doubts. I was in a top raiding guild and my boyfriend accidently ninja looted Onyies head but since we knew the guild leaders in real life it wasn’t that bad, however the rest of the guild was freaking out over it. So I know this happened in vanilla but not for me with questing and normal dungeons, It just never went evil like it is today. Maybe I was on a very chill server back in the day. I don’t know but I’ve never seen so much hate and greed in vanilla than I do now.

I don’t know , I mean I don’t really blame anyone but who knows maybe streamers contribute to the mentality… Maybe I’ve just outgrown the mentality. Maybe I just don’t fit here anymore and should just play old Everquest or Runescape. LOL which I don’t have the patience for. All I know is that the last game I played for five years, people like this were one in a few hundred. I just never really seen so many selfish people in a video game and I’ve been playing them since they came out. Maybe it’s just today’s games that make/create this mentality… It’s okay though, I’ve decided to just be a loner for the most part.

You know what makes me feel that way? Seeing horde wipe the floor with spineless alliance players who could easily do the same to them if they had just half a brain

1 Like

Curious as to what server you are on.

1 Like

I stopped reading, because all I see is whining about loot. Ironically, you sound like that which you hate.

Who cares about the crummy items in this game? The people I play with are mostly just there to socialize and have fun. Funnily enough, there’s no dramas and everyone has a good time.

1 Like

But it isn’t. The item that dropped, whatever it was, is just a McGuffin. The actual point Evileyes is making is, people might want to stop being selfish (rectal cavities). It really isn’t that difficult to be a decent human being.

This is Classic, ffs… I don’t really understand where are all these people rushing. It’s not like this is the progress raiding game or anything. I mean, seriously good job on being a part of a server-first Onyxia kill fifteen years too late. :smile:

Some make the point that “everyone in WOW is like that”, but the thing is - if majority are a–holes, that doesn’t make being an a–hole right.

1 Like

You must be playing the horde, cuz I’ve seen none of those bad behaviors on my alliance side so far. Folks have been real nice and understanding on my alliance server.
Or I think you are one of those retail trolls coming to the classic forum to steal the classic players hoping they would join you in the retail.

The box pops up and asks need or greed. Choose what you like.

1 Like