Memento for those who've played since Classic

With the release of Classic coming out soon, it got me thinking. Those of us who’ve played since Classic probably have something we hold onto as a memento. Whether it be an xmog we use or just an unobtainable item, etc.
(Please note. I don’t want any rewards or items to be used as rewards for playing or doing something in Retail or in Classic. They should be separate)

I think it would be pretty neat, to celebrate the full circle of Classic to remaster a tier set or give a toy or pet (personally a remastered tier set would be awesome), for those accounts that have played since/during classic and sign in during the first week or two of Classic being released.

This isn’t a reward for playing classic when it releases and this isn’t an incentive for people playing classic to play retail. This is simply a thank you, to those players who are still playing the retail game since Classic.
A tier 1 or 2, or the PvP gear, touched up at a higher pixel count? An “old vet” pet? Something non-impactful, obviously… I also don’t know how/if Bliz could verify an account had, at some point, been active during Vanilla, but I feel like they could figure out a way to see that.

5 Likes

They already did that a few years ago - you think you need another loyalty prize ?
They are already making an entire game for you.

2 Likes

my banks used to be full of items i’ve collected over the years most you cant get anymore, then a few months back i decided to clear my banks of any items i dont ever use so now all my toons banks are empty

Can you elaborate? What did they do a couple years ago?

Also, it’d just a pixel update or toy/pet. Nothing hard, so idk why you’re all too concerned? This would be a loyalty prize to commemorate classic wow.

I think we should get a title if we have been playing since vanilla and don’t play classic it can be “the non-nostalgic”. We should also get cosmetic non-ruby shaded glasses…

They gave everyone who had an active 10 year sub a small statue thingy to celebrate 10 years.

It was a loyalty prize.

I guess I just don’t think we need new loyalty prizes for the same subset of people every few years, that no one new has any chance of getting.

1 Like

Ah I see, yeah I did know about that. That was an rl token. Arguably better than an ingame one :stuck_out_tongue:

And I do understand your point, I don’t mean to beat a dead horse on it. Just would be cool to have a little something to celebrate the full circle of Classic being released. But I do undersrand- we are getting the game itself. It’s definitely enough.

My wife broke my statue.

Love my statue… hopefully they give an even cooler (non-Alliance) 20 year one. Swear to god, if you give me some Alliance bland human dude as a bronze resin statue I will flip my lid.

I have a bunch of poison vials in my bank and a wartorn chain scrap from old naxx

After being here since vanilla, the LAST THING I NEED is an inventory Item that is useless, about which I feel too sentimental to throw away.

Maybe a title to display? What won’t actually take up space, or add to UI clutter, or overall bloat, but be cool? That’s my dilemma.

We have our pvp titles, those of us that have been around since vanilla.

1 Like

Wish the PvP titles were account wide though… and that we got all of them under our top one. Would much rather be Blood Guard than Legionnaire.

1 Like

I agree with this. My pvp title is on a level 50something night elf that I haven’t played in about 12 years. haha

No, because #NOCHANGES

Classic hasn’t come out yet. Do you mean those who played in the Classic Demo?

Classic and Vanilla or pre-TBC are two totally different things.

You need to change your title from memento to gift. I thought this thread was about something else entirely.

My first character, a Warrior, has had a spyglass and a Thunderbrew’s Boot Flask in his inventory since… well 2005 some time. I think he has some Elune potion thing in the bank. It does something like immunity from all damage for 10 secs. It was a quest reward back in Vanilla. He’s also got the Weaponsmith trinket that creates a L43 Purple Mace (https://www.wowhead.com/item=8708/hammer-of-expertise) with a cooldown of a few hours.

My priest has got some Morrowgrain and the Blood Scythe from Zul Gurub.