Melee mechanics on Islands

So this is not the biggest deal in the world, but I just hope blizzard looks into the amount of punishing melee mechanics from mobs on islands vs range.

As a hunter I can pull everything, and easily dodge every mechanic while putting out high dps.

As a melee i’m having to constantly run out of circles on the ground. I had a dk pull half the island and all the mobs were doing circles of death around them that me and the rogue couldn’t get into on our melee characters. We told the tank we couldn’t get in there, and he said in Korean that we were noobs and left LOL…

The sad thing is I know if I was on my hunter that pack he pulled would be a joke. It just feels like so many punishing melee mechanics and complete joke for range mechanics.

3 Likes

so there’s one part of the game where melee don’t dominate ?

1 Like

fair point. =)

t. guy who doesn’t raid.

Bring too many ranged to a fight? No problem! The fight is still killable and possibly even easier.
Bring too much melee to a fight? Some fights become near impossible.

1 Like

I rarely bother with islands but when i do the one thing ive noticed is that i can pull a seemingly infinite number of mele mobs and my hp bar never moves. Pull 2 or 3 casters and im dead in 5 seconds.

1 Like

Normally I’d argue this because it’s really not that hard to dodge mechanics, but it is weird how low the passive damage everything has is compared to how many random 1 shots every other mob has. I shouldn’t be able to just pull 25 mobs with no healer and be ok as long as I dodge some sparkly circles/cones on the ground.

2 Likes

raiding population and interest in raiding is constantly decreasing, even with raids that people consider good like BOD

outside the tiny world of progression raiding melee dominate everything in pvp and pve top to bottom

I assume you aren’t up to date with mythic CoS…

or didn’t care much about mythic BoD for the matter.