Melee Hunter PTR

The changes to Raptor Strike cooldown just feel bad, I’m assuming this was added in due to wyvern strike & cobra slayer rune but there is not an optimal build right now based on their rune placements. I appreciate the effort to try to make melee hunter playstyle more engaging but as it stands I just feel like I’m spamming wing clip too much when I don’t get raptor resets or mongoose procs.

3 Likes

Make wing clip getting the same buff as mb, we good again

This is the way to go:

Please check out that post and like/comment if you guys agree.

Considder giving all hunters TSA baseline and allowing ranged hunters to still spec into improved TSA, so that all hunters can bring TSA in some form to the raid.

Traps in combat needs to be baseline for anyone to want to spec down to WS, which is basically nullifying trap related talent points in the survival tree for a 31-point rune that competes with trap launcher, no question, 100%. This allows for trap launcher to still be valuable but not required for a melee build.

I think Wyvern Strike is going in the right direction, but an effect to the DOT in the vein of what they are giving rogues here would make much more sense and would justify a raid spot for a melee hunter.

(Coats a weapon with poison that lasts for 30 minutes.
Each strike has a 30% chance of poisoning the enemy for 108 Nature damage over 12 sec and causing the enemy to take 2% increased non-Physical damage. Stacks up to 5 times on a single target.)