Mega Dungeon Spoilers

Spoilers below

In the new mega dungeon, Iridikron is using an item similar to the dragon soul, but more ancient to siphon Galakrond’s essence.

Was Galakrond a dragon aspect? The dragon soul was made to take the powers of dragon aspects, is this more ancient item similar?

I feel like a cut scene is missing from the dungeon, I hope it answers some questions for us.

2 Likes

Possibly more like a “proto type aspect”, I recall that new lore talks about how Odyn(or was it Tyr) already preforming experiments on the proto-drake and Galakrond was sort of a mistake/byproduct.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m wondering if Galakrond was the first Aspect, but he was then corrupted by drinking the waters corrupted by Yogg-Saron.

1 Like

Galakrond was a proto-drake corrupted into a giant insane eating machine that turned the corpses of those he didn’t eat fully into undead somehow. If he was ever intended by the Titans to become an Aspect, then something ####ed up badly. Towards his death, he was sprouting extra body parts and decaying alive.

5 Likes

Already we are detecting reduced levels of contamination. I hope your investigation into how Yogg-Saron compromised these living waters will yield answers.

In the meantime, we can be assured that the evolution of another Galakrond will not be triggered by consuming unfiltered water.-Tyr

So yeah, Galakrond was partially a fault of the titan keepers.

2 Likes

Makes sense that the Aspects would weave a cover story about Galakarond. They didn’t want the truth getting out,

1 Like

Can’t imagine Galakrond’s power is an advantage to use. Perhaps the best use is to infect the Aspects? :thinking:

Several groups, even the Lich King, wanted Galakrond raised from the dead. So whatever power is left in him is still pretty potent apparently

6 Likes

If they’re going to go ahead with the sixth aspect idea that’s been tossed around, then explicitly calling Galakrond a “failed aspect” or the like would be a good idea. Seed the idea that there can be more than the five we know.

The Sliver of Silver questline hinted that even Alexstrasza may end up corrupted. What could be more ironic and cruel than the aspect of life becoming infested with decay?

3 Likes

The Sliver of Silver questline hinted that even Alexstrasza may end up corrupted. What could be more ironic and cruel than the aspect of life becoming infested with decay?

I’d argue the actual line:

Alexstrasza: Even me, the beating heart of the Aspects, will betray you, Tyr.

Is ambiguous, as expected coming from someone as untrustworthy as a faceless one: it could easily mean that Tyr is reborn in a corrupted state and Alexstrasza is forced to destroy him. Tyr’s data disk, after all, is lost to time thanks to the Infinite’s manipulation, and it wouldn’t surprise me if its current location happens to be the Black Empire era, where the Old Gods all too happily tainted it with the Void.

3 Likes

Decay? Galakrond’s Undead in the Dawn of the Infinite Dungeon blatantly use Necromantic Death Magic not the Gnolls’ Decay Magic!

I just looked at the video of the Dungeon so you can see proof below:

Iridikron is going to be infusing Alexstrasza with Yogg-Saron’s Death Magic!

The Aspect of Life will become a True Aspect of Death.

Also Chrono Lord Deios states as he dies that Murozond is still a possibility even without him. Not a surprise as Eternus is still alive after all.

Furthermore the Nightmare is still a problem and since the Nightmare is Yogg-Saron’s doing and how Iridikron is now acquiring a Dragon Soul-like device…

Yogg-Saron is creating his own Dragon Aspects(figures he would make the next move now that N’Zoth is dead)! Fyrakk is a 6th Aspect(Shadowflame) which will require a 6th Aspect from our side to counter!

I dare say Iridikron wants himself and Vyranoth to sub for the Black Aspect and Blue Aspect.

Of course if we are countering Aspect with Aspect then Iridikron will be turning the AU versions of the Dragons into Aspects once we save the MU Dragons from Yogg-Saron’s Corruption(no thanks to Chromie figuring out that Vyranoth is the first Primal Incarnate corrupted by the Void thus being late stage corruption not the last corrupted whose early stage of corruption can be easily purified by the Waters of the Halls of Infusion).

Back onto the Dungeon itself.

I now have a huge bounty in Time Magic Spells to add to my Screenshot Catalogue for Magic Types thanks to the Dungeon in the Video flaunting them.

My man that came from one of the old gods minions…all they do is lie or say whatever they can to screw with you.

Are these just your personal theories? I’m confused about where it comes from.

Regarding the Aspect of Death thing, it will get very awkward in the story when they realize that Ysera is technically the Aspect of Death. The Winter Queen is on the same power level as a titan and Ysera is blessed with her power, Death.

Maybe that’s why Ysera is strangely sticking around after her task of passing on her aspect powers to her daughter. Maybe Ysera saves Alex? Or she has another part to play.

I’m humoring Breakcog’s theory that the power of Galakrond will be used to corrupt the Aspects while rebutting Vuzeng’s assumption that Galakrond’s power is Decay as it is clearly Necromantic Death Magic.

1 Like

Could be a FX update, but the thing by Galakrond’s face looked to be more Void infused than decay.

Wouldn’t this all tie everything together with Yrel, the Light, and the Infinite Dragons?

1. Murozond hires Iridikron to go steal the Void Orb to empower the Black Empire to stop Yrel and the Light.
  2. Iridikron returns Void Orb to Murozond.
  3. Nozdormu witnesses Murozond use the Orb on Alexstrasza turning her into a _______ (void, death, twilight) Dragon.
  4. Nozdormu turns into Murozond.
  5. Yrel invades Azeroth.