Meet the Earthen, A New Playable Allied Race

There is an arachnophobia setting, can we get an ugly AF setting as well?
Maybe they can just look like elves instead.
Thanks

1 Like

Odd as in very few people wanted to play as earthen, I see more people interested in playing as a tuskarr. The new is referring to the other races we’ve been getting lately, Dracthyr, Void elves, Lightforged, Vulpera, mechagnomes, Highmountain Tauren, Nightborne, the datamined and potential Harronir. All these races did not exist prior to Legion’s expansion, their lore was inserted from this point forward.

Its a battle of creative freedom vs what people want.

personally instead of a reskin of a race that already has a reskin. Id really like to see a new undead race Valkyrie style with an upright character model and that northrend valkyrie bluish glow skin, leave armor as is. Idk give it wings if you want but an infinity stone dwarf is not my idea of a playable race.

edit: first time on the forums so if this isnt in the right place please let me know. Gotta be the change you want in the world

people have been calling for earthen since earthen were shown in game. Literally the first race I ever saw asked for, and the most consistent through every xpack

1 Like

Creative freedom and laziness right?

Cause is the only way i see they keep adding neutral races instead of the good old one for each faction

Yeah, im gonna doubt that, sorry.

1 Like

When you say laziness its a big assertion.

They are telling a story of an area we are going to be both interacting with predominantly.

When you suggest its lazy to only have 1 race but its working into the scope of the story they are trying to tell. You are also forcing the confines onto them and limiting creative freedom when you suggest it should just be the two race standard.

It wouldnt make sense to just get gnolls out of nowhere as a horde only AR when we are in titan lands.

I am also of the opinion that we will be getting the lame humanized version of the nerubians.

1 Like

Are you seeing the expansion? there is more than one race in that place to work on and be playable, you could make up other races to be there, you are literally creating your expansion right now, why would would cut your own limbs like that?

You are only limiting creative freedom when you limite yourself like this. The only forced thing is the playerbase getting one neutral race, with half of it didn’t ask for.

Neutral race is bad and lazy, it was good in MOP and a clever idea there, it should have stayed that way.

1 Like

We are probably getting harronir too.

1 Like

Another new race, that nobody asked for until now, taking the spot of countless of other races wildly asked

and i bet they will be neutral too, cause factions means crap these days for then.

1 Like

Probably so yeah, cause we are both exploring these lands. We also got cross faction guilds now with more limitations being removed.

But thats the risk of creative freedom, sometimes you get some smash hits and sometimes you get complete fails.

1 Like

Waiting for the smash hits, cause i only see complete fails since shadowlands

1 Like

Im hoping we can hear the playable earthens voices soon.

I’ve come around to them because I realize I want to be a dwarf shaman but DO NOT want to be alliance and they look cool.

I wish they had the normal dwarf bleed removal but I’ll take what I can get.

1 Like

Thats actually a good point, how is reception to their racials?

I remember seeing on reddit, someone did up a bingo table of like dozens of races that the player base actually wants and have been requested for 20+ years.

But I guess Blizzard knows best what we really want.

I really hope the people who Earthen appeal to find all the enjoyment they are expecting and more.

I am not one of those people.

I dont believe they are operating on what players what, just telling a story and these races are heavily involved.

YAY, a new modified race that already exists.

Well, on that, can’t say I disagree - obviously they are not operating in any way shape or form based on what players want.

It’s a bold strategy Cotton - let’s see if it pays off for them.

2 Likes