Meet the Earthen, A New Playable Allied Race

Okay this one is just a pet peeve of mine–

*couldn’t.

Saying they “could” care less doesn’t mean much of anything. Saying they couldn’t care less means they do not care at all.

3 Likes

I like Earthen as a concept, I like their story and racial abilities from what I’ve seen, but… The customization is kinda janky to me. It feels like you very deliberately need to make an Earthen look good by matching features and colors. If you hit the randomize button, you’re going to be a hot mess most of the time.

Yeah I don’t as well. I mean they could just make a Dark Iron Dwarf have a stone skin shape shift. Then change the stone skin appearance in the barber shop. Why create a new dwarf subrace for that?

I’d rather have Kobalds as a allied race for the alliance.

1 Like

Its okay if you dont like them.
You dont have to.
But some of us do like them.

Im quite fond of them myself

3 Likes

No im good, never touching dwarf races. The whole idea behind playing a “a short race” thats not adult sized seems creepy to me. I get its fantasy and all, but theres still hard limits. Same reason I’ll never play a gnome.

weird way to think lol
But Earthen arent really that short.
Theyre the size of a shorter person irl.

3 Likes

What the heck? I always thought they were shorter the humans.

Earthen are taller than dwarves

2 Likes

Earthen in the Horde feels so wrong yet looks so right

2 Likes

Do you rly think they care about that?

That is the problem with adding multiple recolors to both factions, the race is diluted and forgettable, just like what happened to pandarens, nothing, zero development from their leaders since MOP

1 Like

It’s the internet. If it is comprehendible we will call it good.

I just want more established races to be playable, there’s plenty to choose from but we keep getting the new and odd ones that aren’t really notable in the warcraft franchise.

He’s surprising handsome heh

I’m pretty happy that we got Dwarves as my Fiance is a huge dwarf fan, and now we can play a High elf and Dwarf combo on the Horde side.

These are cool, but not for me because I don’t like short races tho.

I have my fingers crossed for Harronir to become an Allied Race.

My only critique is that the earthen in the cinematic had gemstone eyes and I think it would look really cool if they had gemstone eyes to match the gems on their bodies. …a lot of races get really generic looking eyes with minimum detail.

The Earthen were around in a fairly big way, way back in Wrath of the Lich King. I don’t know what you are talking about with “new and odd ones that aren’t really notable in the Warcraft franchise”.

They’ve been “established” for about 16 years now? And it’s an expansion dealing directly with them.

2 Likes

These Earthen we are getting are brand new, they even are different.

Pretty sure dwarf fans would prefer the ice dwarves from wtlk, and i bet it would be better if it was alliance only.

2 Likes

These earthern look almost entirely divorced from the earthern we have come to know for years.

Beards also arent stone, etc.

So you have what is established as earthern abd what they look like, than release something totally different that goes against those norms and traits.

1 Like

Most of the regular Earthen just have regular dwarf beards

Check 'em out next time you’re in Uldaman, they just use the standard dwarf beard texture. The stone beards are just the Deepholm crew

1 Like

Those are newer earthern