Mechagon Only as Mythic?

if you wanna do it, just start a run yourself at 0 or join someones 0. you will get people in fast

i just did it, got our a$$es handed to up on the first boss(s). that bike 1 hit 2 of the team.

ill wait till it gets fixed up a bit.

Previous dungeons that have started as mythic-only have been retrofitted to heroic (court of stars, arcway, return to kharazan); I have no doubt that this will as well, in time.

2 Likes

I know how you feel

1 Like

People complain you no longer have to “socialize” in game because of LFG… now that they given us a difficult Dungeon, people once again complain that you just can’t fiind a decent group to smash it…

I feel for Blizzard

3 Likes

People probably don’t want you in their groups because I suspect you employ the same logic in game as you did when deciding to necro a 2 month old thread to contribute a “me too”. Just hit the like button.

I agree. Only good thing are the essence and if you’re lucky to TF the loot from there.

i am not sure how making a dungeon mythic only somehow gives back to socialization. you are literally just asking people to do a dungeon, no one still talks. i think you are looking way to deep into it.

2 Likes

Sounds like you don’t know how to run a guild. :man_shrugging:t5:

1 Like

How? You can literally use that very same tool to make a group yourself. You can even be specific in the description in regards to who you want to be in your group (“chill group”, first time running instance, etc…)

I can guarantee there are at least four other people out there that are feeling the exact way you do, so metaphorically jump that first hurdle and make a group.

1 Like

Different people, probably.

Ive been in dozens of dozens of guilds over the past several years and they’ve all been filled with useless introverts that do nothing, but spam “gratz” every time someone does an achievement.

1 Like

Replying to your old post because it applies to me. I’ve always had this sproblem and I’ve never run a mythic. Seems like you have to be part of a clique to play some of the endgame content. I’m trying to find people to run mythic Mechagon so I can make a mechagnome in 8.3. I’ve never run a mythic before, but I don’t know what else to try but to abandon my old guild and try to find a very large, active guild. I wish they would just make it heroic. Making mythic-only content is ridiculous imo.

3 Likes

The rings are still bis for almost everything.

Not all content is for solo players / xmoggers.

It’s supposed to be an MMO.

1 Like

But everyone that talks to me is just a toxic elitist.

Can’t you just mail the gear to me ? Too busy with my rockstar life to bother with playing this game.

1 Like

it will probably be lowered to Heroic next patch.

As has every other Mythic-only dungeon a patch after they were introduced since Mythic-only dungeons were a thing.

Seriously though, at this point Mythic is just a scare word. Mechagon is easily outgearable by now, just read the dungeon guide ahead of time to see what the bosses do.

You can

• read guides on the dungeon to understand how the bosses and other mechanics work
  • create your own group. Put in the description “1st timer learning run, plan for 75+ min”
  • check if others that join are new, explain what to do with each boss
  • relax and enjoy

It’s what I did for the first time, even got an experienced player who explained things really well to everyone.

When you’ve done it once you realize you made a bigger deal out of it than it really is.

2 Likes

I understand your pain. I have always understood Mythic to be for hard core players with great skill and reflexes, who spend way more time in the game than is healthy. That used to be what Heroics were for, but the hard core community complained that heroic was too easy. That’s fine and reasonable and perfectly acceptable to me as a casual player. I don’t mind that they get better loot, or special armor or mounts I can’t get (like the moose mount that, like you, I was never able to get a group for despite my guild promising to help us all get it). But what irritates me to no end is that recently, Blizzard has seen fit to take content that should be done at normal level (so that EVERY player could achieve it) and making it mythic…skipping over Heroic altogether. I am talking about regular quest chains (like Mechagon) or lore/story. There is no reason to force a casual player to go through the hell of mythics to find out what happens to Jaina. I have done a few mythics. Each time I spent hours, wiping and banging my head to finish. And sometimes not even get to finish. I completed two or three and got an upgrade ONCE. It’s just not worth my time or energy. So now I have to go to external sources like You Tube in order to discover what would have been awesome to encounter in game. Blizz keeps flip flopping. When not enough people were raiding in Vanilla and BC, they made it more accessible in Lich King. The hard core complained it was too easy (it wasn’t), so we got Cataclysm, which was so hard that I quit WoW for the first time since launch…and so did my wife, and my best friend, and his wife. Now we have more options than ever before, yet what should be easy is too hard, and the hard is seen as too easy for the elite. Not all of us feel the need to test ourselves like Navy Seals. Some of us enjoy the rich lore and the world and the mechanics and the feeling of comfort from enjoying something for 15 years without being made to feel inadequate because we have a slow computer, slow reflexes, a spouse, a job, a house to care for and a life. Yeah, some of us are older than Chris Metzen, and even he is gone. I quit again a few months ago but came back for the Mechagon/Ankoan patch. I was enjoying it quite well until I got this quest to go to a dungeon that wasn’t in lfg…

Maybe untrain yourself of this notion then? Mythic 0 doesn’t really demand much more than basic awareness of something about to explode under your feet, and at the current level of world quest and benthic gear most of them are brute forceable until a +4 by people who only have a vague idea what they’re doing. Trivial gear that rains from the sky from emissaries and invasions etc gives you so much HP that you have a lot of slip room.

2 Likes