Mechagon-ish Worgen

Is it possible, or would it be against lore, for an experienced engineer (that happens to be a worgen), to utilize Mechagnomish bionic technology to alter their physiology?

Asking for a friend.

I imagine there isn’t much that would actively prevent something like this from happening. I’m not sure if cybernetics comparable to what the Mechagnomes have in particular is widely available however. Personally given the history presented to us about Mechagon I had often assumed that tech they possessed, at least at its highest level, was meant to be comparably more advanced than much of what is known and used elsewhere. That is however primarily speculation.

The core concept of using technology for personal enhancement is of course quite reasonable. There are some examples of individuals prior to the introduction of Mechagon who possessed robotic limbs; though not of the same echelon.

To an extent I feel like I’d need more details to consider this further.

1 Like

The only element here that would be a wild card that could prevent mecha-gnomish tech on worgens would be the magical aspect of shape-shifting. Couldn’t the attached apparatus shift between both human and worgen?
In-game, they change forms in a “poof” of smoke, but I’d imagine it could be a slower transition, giving the apparatus a chance to adapt to the form.

I suppose that transmorhphic technology from the mechagnomes can be adapted to detect shape shifting. If the gnomes can’t do it, the mechagnomes can!

1 Like