Mechagon and Nazjatar Essence Acquisition in Visions of N’Zoth

AP grind was already too much, glad I quit playing already. Hopefully shadowlands gets rid of the awful systems.

Why wait for 8.3? Eternal Palace is 4 months old.

6 Likes

Any changes for the arena and pvp essences?

6 Likes

The honor essence (BotE, Sphere, etc) is super easy to get already. 30k honor is not very difficult to do, and unlike most essences, you can actually no-life this essence. There is no restriction to how many BGs you can run in a day, other than your own limits. There’s no need to make this one any easier.

Conflict & Strife, maybe there’s an argument there.

Shouldn’t the same reasoning apply to the essences from the Eternal Palace raid? An old raid seems even less relevant than questing zones with rep grinds.

10 Likes

You are only nerfing this because of new and returning players. So, you don’t care about current players with actually active subs who are forced to choose between playing a character suboptimally or do mind-numbing grinds that they’ve already completed once before.

It wasn’t fun the first time. It won’t be fun the second. NERF. IT. MORE.

8 Likes

As someone playing an alt currently this somehow feels worse. Now I can “unlock” this essence and wait for 2+ months for the level to drop or just continue on like this doesn’t exist. Why couldn’t this be a hotfix like the honor grind nerf?

5 Likes

this change isnt for you. you’re actually playing and paying for the game now. this is for "new and returning players’’. Sorry bud, it’s the blizzard way.

1 Like

New ExP… The trailer show us nothing. the actual patch is boring. Farming for alts is worse every update on this game.

ohh i forgot. 40/60/80 really ? what is this ? a COD MMORPG ? Blizzard… not anymore.

1 Like

So true.
The rep requirements are irrelevant, people got pathfinder in 6-7 days.
The mat cost should be reduced for alts in the same ways its reduced for off spec.

3 Likes

Just make them account wide. Essences are stupid for alts.

9 Likes

Still not an acceptable answer. After Blizzcon I thought maybe you finally realized that players hate grinds and they hate how terrible it feels to play alts without investing insane amounts of time on them. It’s pretty absurd that you still don’t get it. Nobody wants to grind AP(especially on an alt), nobody wants to play random reroll for Azerite Armor(especially on alts), nobody wants to grind for essences multiple times(especially on alts[and no adding rep tokens for your main to have to SPEND CURRENCY ON is not making it easier for alts because instead of playing the alt you play your main for the same time you would have been playing your alt]).

After seeing this blue post I have no faith in the future of Warcraft and I’m now near certain that you’re going to go back on your word about not having a grind in Shadowlands because you obviously still don’t get it.

7 Likes

Please just make them account-wide. I’m begging you.

10 Likes

Account Wide !!!. We are paying for the game.

9 Likes

Are you guys going to make it easier to get the Eternal Palace essence? At least with the Mech and Naz ones you would have been able to do it solo, even once the new stuff comes out. But as it stands LFR doesnt give enough of the item needed to make your essence in a timely manner, and not as many groups will be running EP once the new raid hits.

5 Likes

It’s not good enough.

I’m sorry, but it’s just too much of a grind, even with these changes. The Lucid Dreams change saves you, what, four days of dailies? Thanks, but no thanks, really.

The best change you could make would be for them to be account bound, but I understand why you wouldn’t want to do this. On the other hand, you can make them purchasable by mains for alts. Let me buy Memory of Lucid Dreams for 100 mana pearls or some other such thing. I’d be happy with that as well.

(And lets not get into the grind for SPARE crates and honor that is in existence for some of the stronger essences.)

9 Likes

Why would this be waiting for 8.3? We have new reputation farms and content that drop at the same time. Seems like NOW would be the better time to implement this and allow people to ‘catch-up’ with alts before 8.3.

2 Months of waiting for anything new is a bit tedious. Already frustrating enough to be getting AP rewards at rank 70 neck and to only see a message “Your Heart of Azeroth is full”. You have 2 months to fix some of these issues, stop pushing it all to 8.3

8 Likes

I don’t even understand why any grind is necessary anymore. They know people hate these time gated grinds for abilities that are required.

1 Like

I realize that this isn’t the right forum thread entirely, but this post is essentially making it easier to get the mechagon/nazjatar essences so players aren’t obligated to farm old content, yes?

Then, can you please speak to the profession team regarding resources in the new patch? Cooking requires new fish and meat, but some other profession requires old materials for new items, and both inscription and alchemy, two professions that are heavily needed in raiding content, ars still gated to Zin’anthid with no new materials.

2 Likes

Exactly. Or 6 weeks of farming Mechagon for EoP. Or ~6 weeks for Worldvein. Or the best one for almost every single dps in raids is going to come from an outdated raid that is heavily time gated getting rank 3 of comparable to the other 2 I just mentioned. I could go on here but everyone already knows the problem. This doesn’t address it.

My playtime in WoW has dropped to my lowest in years because I refuse to do multiple 6+ week grinds across each of my alts for what amounts to +10k dps by itself or massively powerful healing essences. It’s beyond stupid.

8 Likes