Mechagon and Nazjatar Essence Acquisition in Visions of N’Zoth

(Kaivax) #1

In Visions of N’Zoth, we’re making changes to the acquisition of Essences related to the Rise of Azshara zones. Our goal here is to lessen the effort needed to acquire Essences from Nazjatar and Mechagon for new and returning players as we want players to feel able to focus on content updated in Visions of N’Zoth.

• Reputation requirements for Nazjatar and Mechagon vendor-sold Essences have been reduced from Honored/Revered/Exalted for ranks 1/2/3 to Friendly/Honored/Revered.
    • Acquisition of Rank 4 of these Essences is unchanged.
  • The follower experience requirements for Ranks 2 and 3 of Memory of Lucid Dreams have been reduced from 3000/6000 to 2400/4800.
  • Players who are Revered with their respective Nazjatar reputation may now exchange Manapearls for Bind-to-Account reputation tokens.

We expect the addition of account-bound rep tokens for Nazjatar to complement the existing account-bound reputation token that is craftable in Mechagon, providing an option for players who have already unlocked the Rank 3 Essence on their main to speed up their progression towards it on their alts.

The changes above should become testable in a new update to the Visions of N’Zoth PTR in the next couple of weeks.

You could just make essences account wide. It would be really appreciated.

Account wide essences and ranks please, I already did the grind on one character just makes me unmotivated to play the game when i think of what I need to do on my alts.

Manapearls for rep tokens, thanks for the addition, appreciated.
An increased drop rate for the blueprint for the token that is craftable in Mechagon would be nice aswell? Or if it would be guaranteed drop from the first paragon chest.

It’s not the rep that’s so much the problem as the mats. If this comes with a reduction in cost (especially for Rustbolt), that would be more meaningful. Otherwise I’ll hit Revered/Exalted just from trying to grind out all the Manapearls/SPARE Crates.

yea… grinding the whole thing with each of our alts SUCK

(Illidette) #7

While I understand why folks want account wide, I don’t mind changes that make them easier to acquire for alts. (Though I wouldn’t complain if they were account wide)

I am curious though. Reducing the rep/follower xp requirements is nifty, but are the actual costs being changed to buy those essences? The cost has been the primary road block for a lot of folks I’ve talked to, unless you just get into a Spare Part farm group for a few hours. And even then, you are blocked on how many Oscillators you can make, as such, will the charging station be changed so it’s always up so we can charge our energy cells for when we need to make a few dozen Oscillators?(if those rank costs aren’t adjusted, that is) But that doesn’t help with Manapearls not being farmable.

Adding too, any plans to tweak the acquisition of the other essences, like the PvP ones? The Honor one is especially steep, which sucks considering it’s extremely strong for a lot of classes.

Adjustments are nice, but come on Kaivax, yall can do better than this. Like I said, I don’t mind them not being account wide, though I 100% get why a lot of folks do want that. As such, even with these changes, which only touch on a handful of the essences, you can do better to make them more alt friendly without just making them account wide.

Ion flat out said essences wouldn’t be account-bound at BlizzCon (interview). Then they lessen the requirements for essences, but players still ask for BoA essences. Even after they straight up said “No.”

This is your hill, I suppose.

Awesome start (still need to make them BoA soon), this is live now?

That is 8.3 coming early 2020.

I have a horrible feeling this is going to be a much longer xpac and tier then all of MoP.

Missed the mark here Blizz. The issue is not getting the rep for these essences. In fact - you can get revered from 7 days worth of dailies, that isn’t too much to ask. The problem is – specifically with Mechagon, that it takes weeks of dailies (assuming you don’t get lucky with chests) to get the materials to purchase the actual essence. The average returning player is not going to spend 40 hours in a week to farm enough spare crates to catch up to the pack . If you got your 1 oscillator a day it would take you 37 days to get your rank 3 essence – that’s absurd.

(Fehnris) #13

I feel those follower rep requirements should be halved and the materials need reduced for Mechagons as well.

Appreciate the change, but why not implement it with the next reset?

(Ghaghzull) #15

What about the Raid/Mythic plus essence? Those are the most must have essences.

(Maizou) #16

Just make Essences account wide, period. Or you’re going to lose the vast majority of your casual players before Shadowlands. Why don’t you guys understand that? You guys KNOW casual players are the majority of your players. Plain and simple, they aren’t going to grind these essences in 2-3+ toons. And once Vulpera/Mechagnome come out and people realize they HAVE to, you’re going to have a mass unsubscribe.

Don’t even pretend that these changes are alt friendly.

To get revered with these rep tokens, you need 210 Mana pearls and 21000 Spare Parts per alt (this is assuming the rep tokens are 1 manapearl each, multiple 210 by however many they actually cost) on top of this, the essences themselves still cost mana pearls and galvanic oscillators. Which time gates the essences behind weeks of dailies alone.

Don’t even get me started on expecting us to grind 35,000 honor on every freaking character or somehow managing to do enough M+s without essences on alts to get the weekly chest for rank 3, or the weeks/months of raids for that essence, etc.

JUST GIVE US ACCOUNT WIDE ESSENCES You guys literally have nothing to lose, but you have a LOT to gain, aka a ton of alt players leveling their alts and actively playing, rather than unsubscribing. Raiders actively playing their alts.

You want more “time played” for your investors? Account wide essences are how you do that. Why you guys don’t understand that I don’t know.

I’m sure your logic behind no account wide essence is “if they have to grind they’ll give us more time played” but you should look at things like my accounts “time played” I went from 50-100 hours a week to 0. You are losing your casual alt players that are the ones that actually give you your “time played” metric. Cause instead of grinding the same essences twice, I simply unsubbed. I didn’t even finish half the essences on my main cause I lost motivation due to it.

What about the raid essence? I was thinking of playing this druid for 8.3 and healing but I don’t want to slog for weeks trying to LFR a previous raid tier for it. I definitely won’t be focusing on 8.3 content if I have to do everything all over again.

My main was a BE DK so you know I’m also trying to help with the population by switching to Alliance but at this point I might as well just not play either char and wait till Shadowlands…unless somehow my time away helps kick the addiction.

These are not even the useful essences for most classes. What an incredibly pointless change.

(Pandamonea) #19

… C’mon Blizzard. Don’t p**s on our backs and tell us its raining. -.-

Most essences remain massively time gated. 5 mechagon runs for one, VAST numbers of mechagon chests for another, raid farming for one of the most vital (a raid thats almost certain to be ignored come 8.3), island farming etc etc.

Ion etc always stand up on stage and talk about how they have metrics they study. Are you… REALLY telling me the vast majority of alts have more than one. or two essences? And that the ones they have aren’t the free one we all get? Really? Because… nothing I’ve seen tells me it is.

I love you guys and your game but… you literally just spent Blizzxon talking about alts, saying how you were reducing grinding etc - then turn around and ignore most of the player base BEGGING for a wide change to essences.

This? This barely scratches the current problem and worse - makes it hard to trust anything you’re promising in Shadowlands.

(Keltas) #20

What about Guardian of Azeroth?

Being an outdated raid, it will be very hard to form groups for heroic/mythic, and farming it on LFR or normal could take months for each individual alt.