Mechagnomes

so I’ve done the pre-requisite achievements on my Horde character, does that unlock it? or does it specifically have to be done on an Alliance character

i don’t know

i see people say it requires you to do everything on an alliance character, yet i also see people saying you need to do the mechagon quest line for alliance but where you get the rep doesn’t matter

I do not know for certain - but in the past, as long as all the requirements were met on the one side you could do the unlock quest on the other.

:cookie:

you can check yourself on the ptr, I just entered there, and have checked the rep, but not the questline on my alliance char

and in order to finish it you need revered

you can’t, not with this one

there is apparently an allie-only quest that must be completed and you must be revered for that

sounds super fantastic!

1 Like

it’s not a “allie-only quest”, but must be done by a allie character

the mechagon threat

Ah, thank you for the update.

:cookie:

hadn’t thought of that, will double check now. it’s annoying that nobody from Blizzard actually communicated this when 8.3 was announced months ago

edit: ok so just jumped on PTR (should’ve done that in the first place) and had a look at what I needed to do to unlock Mechagnomes in the Stormwind Embassy. They have given me credit for hitting exalted with Rustbolt Rebellion on my Horde main but I still need to do the storyline on my Alliance character

2 Likes

Yup, which you need revered rep to finish.
(Just checked as well)

1 Like

would be no problem if they removed that sh!t requirement

Gonna farm the heck out of spare parts to get those boa tokens I guess

It’s only fair that you need to do it on an alliance toon to unlock them… they can’t grind out Vulpera reputation to unlock them… no matter how many they set on :fire:.

1 Like

true but if you look back at all the allied races that have been helped by both factions you only needed to do the quests and hit exalted on one character, then you had access to them on the other side. HM Tauren, Nightborne, Void Elves, LF Draenei; Mechagnomes are the first to deviate from this patters

I too would like to know, because if I did everything on a Horde toon and find out I needed to grind out the rep and complete the quest on an Alliance alt, I will not be a happy camper.

i mean they are reducing the rep requirement for essences, and I know at some point during Legion they removed the rep requirement for the Nightborne questline… so why not do it for Mechagon questline too? maybe they will and they just haven’t announced it yet… here’s hoping