Mechagnome Improvement Suggestion: Mechagnome-Only Cosmetics

I love transmogs. Hunting down new armor parts and creating a custom set of my own is a lot of fun. However, playing as a Mechagnome, I feel like half of the experience is barred from me. It gets really depressing playing as one after levels upon levels of the game telling me I’ve unlocked an appearance only for me to not be able to see it at all. This is something that has turned off many players from playing or even unlocking the allied race in general.

I believe I have a solution to this issue: Mechagnome-only cosmetic items.

Mechagnomes are all about improving their parts and devices; that is the core of the built-in (puns!) fantasy of the race itself. So, why not cosmetic items that add to that fantasy? Instead of generic shoulder pads, how about an animated, third prosthetic arm-claw similar to Warhammer 40k’s Iron Hands or Cult Mechanicus? Wrist cosmetics could have different bands and scanners that blink and spark. Back items that have antennae and dishes that constantly scan and probe. Boots and hands could have a wide variety of armor plating, wires, and moving gears.

Even better; blacksmiths and engineers could find schematics and create cosmetic items for Mechagnomes. With work orders being implemented with the upcoming expansion, this would be a great incentive for that.

I think this idea could really bolster the popularity of Mechagnomes and help fill out the racial fantasy and their silhouette.

2 Likes

At the very least, I would like to see the other two color options for the mechagnome heritage armor. Mag’har get three choices, so why not mechagnomes? We know they’re in-game…

1 Like