Mecha-Done needs some Bad Luck Protection

My favorite thing is when you wait an hour for it to respawn, dump a few hundred scrap into it and then get forced to a different phase where it was just finished.

1 Like

Same here. Going on day 75 for the rec rig and Steel-singer Freza for Triumph.

What really stings is when someone in the group says “2nd kill and it drops! Yay! Or 5th time this has dropped for me, wish I could trade it to ya…”

Blizzard, any chance at some BL protection? Please!!

77 days and no Vinyl Triumph of Gnomeregan. Farmed over 90 recycling boxes over two days and nothing from them either.

Maybe one day…

Yeah at this point I have given up. Maybe later they will fix droprates or let me buy them with my gajillion Chain Ignitercoils.

2 Likes

I haven’t given up yet. It’ll drop one day this decade… I hope…

This is where I’m at, I do not understand what it is with grinds without any way to counteract them. I’ve done so much content on this island, and I really just want to be done, but I can’t be because vinyl.

2 Likes

Four more paragon chests, still no Microbot recipe. I’m not grinding this out anymore, I’ll do the daily for 850 rep and wait. Very fun, very fulfilling content.

Yeah this is getting out of hand I mean its not like we want a rare mount to drop for us the first kill. im needing the vinyl which I have done the rig every day some 2 x a day hard mode and non. and freeza every day and nothing not to mention the rare from the quest only reward from cogfrenzi’s construction toolkit. I don’t get this item at all its a quest that has to spawn and then you have a RNG chance at it giving you a schematic? why isn’t there bad luck protection built in already? or give us the quest like every two days at least. something I mean it gets old hearing people say oh I got that my first time just like with the vinyl from the rig.

the paragon stuff I see its farmable you can even make the rep items you cant farm a once a week quest that gives you a chest that might drop an item you need for the meta.

1 Like

Yeah…I came here to pile on. I’m SICK of mechagon and just want this rng nightmare to end. I’m on like 8 or 9 paragon resets too. this is killing me.

Well, we’re officially into the next patch and still no last vinyl. Blizzard, please do something, I’m so sick of this at this point.

1 Like

Finally got Triumph of Gnomeregan on day 78. Having to kill Freza and do the rec rig each day. It dropped for me off the rec rig.

2 Likes

You are made of sterner stuff than I. I’ve given up.

Especially considering the gnome seating issue on certain vehicle mounts now, it rendered my struggles completely invalid.

But grats, man. S’a nice mount.

1 Like

Vinyl and Troggs Pattern just refuse to drop and I’m just beyond done with “Mecha Done”

I’m only going out there now to get mats for F.E.A.S.T.S

The drop rate sucks and its beyond stupid at this point.

1 Like

I agree as well and here is a proposed solution:

For each major zone in the game that has a significant number of achievement points such as Mechagon and Najazatar create a vendor that sells every item required for the achievements in the zone. It can cost huge amounts of gold like 50,000 - 200,000 per item or simply be using the currency of zone like Spare Parts Boxes and Manapearls.

I do not think anyone could complain about HIGH prices on these so that no sane person would buy them without desperation. But there should be a “cop out” mechanic after we have spent hundreds upon hundreds of hours on a task. There is an achievement and there is “I want to quit this game because I have seen 100 other people get item I grind daily for on their first cast” sort of luck. Please implement vendor!

2 Likes

For Example:

Nazjatar Vendor would have all items required for bag achievement. As well as maybe a summoning item for each of the rare in Mardev’s cave.

Mechagon Vendor would have all of the Paints, Toys, and Blueprints to purchase for like 50 Spare Part Boxes per item. If not 100 Boxes per.

Timeless Aisle Vendor would have all items for Bag Achievement at like 1,000 Bloody Coins or something. This could include the Pets as well.

Main Cities could have a Mount Vendor that sells all Raid Mounts after the raid is no longer current for like 1 Million Gold Each. I think that will be fair price given these are what people sell mounts for when current

And so on. It is like 10 NPCs to add into game and devise currencies and would be single best addition to game for Achievement Hunters since Achievement System was released.

4 Likes

I’m ok with that in theory, but your examples make no sense.

“Summoning item for every Mardivas experiment”, for instance… you have those, there are only 3 of them, the achievement there isn’t a matter of “rng” it’s knowing the summons and their requirements and then doing them for X number of weeks. The achievement there quite literally is a deterministic “you must do this so many times” to get it. There’s not a single bit of RNG in it.

That’s not a bad example of an achievement. It’s fine. You may not like that because it takes time, but it takes a very specific amount of time (Heck, the mats are sellable, so you already CAN purchase them all anyway).

As for like “all raid mounts become gold, all achievement reqs too” Noooooooooooooooooo… A. You’ve gone massively off scope for this thread. B. This would likely kill the mount achievement hunting. Where’s the fun when EVERYTHING is purchaseable? Honestly, You’ve made me rethink my opinion on this a little. Currencies from zones only, like so in this case, I guess parts of crates or make them craftable or something, I dunno, but having just straight gold for everything, noooooooope (plus, in the case of at least current raid mounts, they basically already ARE purchaseable for gold, you can absolutely find guilds who do that).

This is a great idea. I’ve been working on Going to Need a Bigger Bag for getting close to 4 straight years, and I still need 5 more things. One of them is Huolon’s mount drop. I would gladly pay 1 million gold to just buy it and be done with it.

Same goes for the Triumph Vinyl, King Mechagon Mini, and a couple of the schematics, none of which will drop for me. I didn’t keep up with my Mechagon chores this last week for the first time since the patch started because I am burned out by the RNG wall.

Your solution is very much needed. We Achievement Hunters and Collectors provide plenty of MAU time as it is. Throw us a bone here.

1 Like

Another Cogfrenzy day without the Emergency Repair Kit blueprint. This is so disheartening.

2 Likes

Heh, I need the Utility Mechanoclaw blueprint. It’s oddly liberating when (more like if) that rig actually spawns because I know that even when I inevitably don’t get the drop, it means I can do something else for the rest of the day…other than stand in front of that rubble pile praying to RNGesus.

2 Likes

Hi blizzard, could you do us all an early Christmas present and up the drop rate of Triumph of Gnomeregan and the blue print that drops off the data anomaly and the rocket chicken, thanks- everyone who plays wow.

2 Likes