Meat to Pet Transmute stinks.

Just did another one yesterday and nothing again. Sigh. I am ready to just stop and wait for them to be up in AH.
10/08/2018 03:15 PMPosted by Peapöd
I have 10 alchemists and I started a diary in this thread to display my progress of which pets have dropped for me.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769437280#post-1

As it is today, it would take someone many months to get just one of the desirable pets if they had just one alchemist. At this rate, people are flooding the game with useless moths, chicken, and snakes just hoping for a "good" pet to turn up. That seems way too RNG to me and something needs to be done about it. Other professions who can make pets can make them 100% with every try so alchemists deserve much better odds than we're currently getting.

Lets be honest, Blizzard can care less about Alchemists just as much they can care less about the other issue of the WQ Polished Pet Charms. The information has been established on the forums, they say Blizzard reads the forums but yet nothing notated on 8.1 so guess we are waiting another 6 months at least.
10/12/2018 02:35 PMPosted by Fenril
10/08/2018 03:15 PMPosted by Peapöd
I have 10 alchemists and I started a diary in this thread to display my progress of which pets have dropped for me.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769437280#post-1

As it is today, it would take someone many months to get just one of the desirable pets if they had just one alchemist. At this rate, people are flooding the game with useless moths, chicken, and snakes just hoping for a "good" pet to turn up. That seems way too RNG to me and something needs to be done about it. Other professions who can make pets can make them 100% with every try so alchemists deserve much better odds than we're currently getting.

Lets be honest, Blizzard can care less about Alchemists just as much they can care less about the other issue of the WQ Polished Pet Charms. The information has been established on the forums, they say Blizzard reads the forums but yet nothing notated on 8.1 so guess we are waiting another 6 months at least.

That's okay. I just cancelled my subscription because the game is just not fun anymore since every part of the game I've enjoyed the past 12 years has slowly been ruined by this development team. They wont get another $15 from me again.
1 Like
10/12/2018 07:26 PMPosted by Peapöd
That's okay. I just cancelled my subscription because the game is just not fun anymore since every part of the game I've enjoyed the past 12 years has slowly been ruined by this development team. They wont get another $15 from me again.

I know how you feel.
Sorry to see you go. This game is poorer for losing players like you.
Yellow Moth Egg.
Man, this bites hairy Tauren butt.
I have 6 alchemists. Initially I got a lot of trash, but yesterday I got a Bloodfeaster Larva. A little strange though as it has the same name as a pet purchased from Shoak, but a somewhat different moveset.
10/14/2018 09:42 AMPosted by Enkidu
Initially I got a lot of trash, but yesterday I got a Bloodfeaster Larva. A little strange though as it has the same name as a pet purchased from Shoak, but a somewhat different moveset.

It's getting its name changed to "Bloated Bloodfeaster" in 8.1 (yay, less confusion).

More Yellow Moths for me this week. I really, really wish the "junk" pets on the Meat to Pet loot table were limited to only 1 or 2 previous expansions ago. =\
1 Like
Got two moth pets this week. I didn't bother with even trying to auction those; sent them straight to the vendor.
1 Like
Mana Wyrmling.
Another week wasted.
I'd love to know who's responsible for this so I can yell at them.
This is stupid, frustrating, and useless.
Two more... and nothing. I have two alts doing this now and I don't expect my chances to increase at all.

I hate this horrible drop chance.
1 Like
Another Albino Snake today... QQ
I know this is a crazy question but has anyone ever gotten two pets from a transmute. Not two pets in a sac but logging on to see the sac has split in two.
Ya I’m doing this on two of my 120s and I’ve got nothing but garbage pets. The rate is like 0.1% it feels.

Atleast take the unique option off so we can do it daily and have more chances at it.
09/10/2018 11:41 AMPosted by Fenril
I have three alchemist and for the third week in a row, i get a stupid common pet. 0-9 great RNG Blizzard.

Don't want to get a ban so I won't say what I am thinking, but you can theorize what it might be.
I did it twice.
ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Black freaking Kingsnake.
Seriously.
I only have the one alchemist, so this is beyond frustrating. This is disheartening.
1 Like
10/28/2018 01:57 AMPosted by Taleranor
Black freaking Kingsnake.
Seriously.
I only have the one alchemist, so this is beyond frustrating. This is disheartening.

It’s up on my toon to redo the transmute and I didn’t bother. I’m pretty sure by now into Legion I had atleast one of the new pets and that was doing it on one toon only.

Or my luck is just bad as I’m month in with no world boss loot on any of my toons. Oh well :) Current focus. Farm charms for pets-current target Coopa!
Forgot all about this. We've been eating the meats!

Too impatient to farm so bought some on the AH and the 7 day countdown begins.
7 duds this week
I have 10 alchemists and have been tracking their progress for the past 4 weeks and this is my analysis:

Diary:
    9/30 - 1 snake, 1 moth
    10/1 - 2 moth, 1 owl
    10/3 - 1 Bloodfeaster Larva
    10/4 - 1 moth
    10/5 - 1 Bloodfeaster Larva, 1 snake
    10/6 - 1 Snake
    10/8 - 2 Ancona chicken, 1 Dragonhawk, 1 moth, 1 Gearspring Hopper
    10/10 - 1 Mana Wyrmling
    10/11 - 1 Gearspring Hopper
    10/12 - 1 Mana Wyrmling, 1 dragonhawk
    10/13 - 1 Obsidian Hatchling
    10/15 - 1 Mana Wyrmling, 1 Dragonhawk, 1 Moth, and 1 Nursery Spider
    10/17 - 1 Kaliri Hatchling, and 1 Bloodfeaster Larva
    10/18 - 1 Kaliri Hatchling
    10/19 - 1 Dragonhawk, and 1 Nursery Spider
    10/20 - 1 black kingsnake
    10/22 - 1 chicken, 1 Gearspring Hopper, 1 snake, 1 moth
    10/24 - 1 dragonhawk, 1 Obsidian Hatchling
    10/25 - 1 snake
    10/26 - 1 Nursery Spider, 1 snake
    10/27 - 1 red moth
    10/29 - 1 Nursery Spider, 1 Mana Wyrmling, 1 albino snake

That's a total of 43 pets, only 6 of which were the new "rare" pets. None of them were Baby Crawg or the Ball of Tenticles. That means a person with one alchemist has a 14% chance each week of getting a "rare" pet.

I give you this data to do with what you like as my account expires on 11/12. Good luck!
3 Likes
The current system doesn't feel good at all. What has helped me deal with this negative vibe is that I assume I will never get the pets I want. At this moment the RNG gods seem to favor me for my initial suffering. I have two of the three pets.

I wish you best of luck... Suffer well and perhaps you will be blessed by the RNG gods.