MDI is proving that melee is overpowered and casters need major buffs

Sorry, am I doing Dragon’s Breath, or am I ranged?

CS has one of the highest cooldowns of all interrupts.

You seem super uninformed.

what are you going on about? I was responding to the OP about WHY MELEE are good in the MDI. What are you even talking about? I never said or acted like anything. I was responding the OP. holy hell these forums.

1 Like

So? It also has one of the longest lockouts. Do you need your mage to kick everything? Thats why you have 4 other members.

My god did they delete shimmer? How atrocious for mages to be stuck in one place. Wait positioning exists?

You quoted me. I was responding to your response to my quotations.

Besides I think Bravado is troll, so we all took the bait.

because you quoted me first. the very first thing you said to me completely missed the point. I was giving him, THE OP, a reason WHY casters don’t need buffs and MELEE are fine and the issue is really dungeon design.

Ah yes, a quality Bravado’s thread on one of my favorite topics.

Someone’s never pvpd.

1 Like

You simple said the problem is dungeon design and then listed things that aren’t problems for casters.

they are problems for casters relative to the MDI. clearly.

1 Like

OP is right in a way though. Melee and instant abilities have no real drawback compared to casting abilities.

We aren’t talking about BM hunters right now. They are included in melee in some regards because they don’t have many “cast while standing completely still” abilities like casters and even MM.

If melee had similar drawbacks to casters such as disarms (counterspell/silence can make a caster pretty much ineffective for a certain amount of time), then I would say it would be even.

The only positive casters or ranged really have is facing. They don’t have to be behind the boss/target and they can be very far. Melee have the advantage of always having to be close to the target, or within its hit box so they can’t be out of line of sight.

One of my own personal frustrations as a caster is being mid-cast in a group setting only for the target to die and you have to start all over on the target closest to it.

1 Like

Reducing ranged interrupt cooldowns to 15 seconds would be a nice start. Melee get to attack while moving.

1 Like

Or they use different strats, or the OP is basing his opinion off of 1 game he saw. I’ve seen plenty of fire mages at least in the MDI. Either way his title is trying to extrapolate it out of the MDI which is foolish.

BM hunters are physical ranged just like MM.

Besides, that’s what people were mostly playing on the MDI this weekend. Triple BM hunters.

Bravado is a troll.

You mean BM hunters? The ranged that are really just melee with guns?

3 Likes

not agreeing with the op, but he did say casters. bm is not that.

1 Like

A lot comes down to dungeon design. In Legion it was ranged who were extremely dominant. In BfA it’s melee plus hunters.

I believe the reason for this largely is that there’s a lot of trash mechanics which involve dodging stuff at ranged on the floor and a lot that are instant casts. It just causes ranged to not only do less damage but be more prone to dying.

Recent MDI I don’t think any conclusions can be drawn because of the insanity that is corruption gear. Fortunately that will be gone soon.

2 Likes

Fortunately M+ testing will come up very shortly on beta but at the moment it is impossible to say what the possible issues with Shadowlands dungeon design there are and what they fixed not only because of new dungeons but also because of the aoe target cap.

We don’t know how that will impact the ranged vs melee balanxe

BM isn’t a caster though. As I said, they have no standing still to cast abilities. Everything they can do, they can do moving. Also they are heavily reliant on their pets for damage. They are pseudo-ranged specialization.

Want to do AoE as a hunter? Cast Multi-shot… but guess what? Your pet does most of the damage when you do.

Want more dps while simultaneously regenerating your resource? Cast barbed shot. If talented you can even raise you and your pets critical hit rating.

BM should’ve just been the melee hunter specialization. The hunter is just the “commander” with a bow. Hell even cobra shot doesn’t even have a cast time anymore I think.

1 Like

I’m not sure why you keep arguing or are trying to put words in my mouth. You said they’re melee when they are not and I corrected you by stating they’re physical ranged. I never said they are a caster.

I merely pointed out that OP is trolling and that in the MDI this weekend, BM hunters were popular. That’s it.