May we have a response?

Officially every other class has had a blue post feedback OR promised redesigned set bonuses. Warlocks have received nothing.

It’s quite clear that the set bonus for destro is an utter failure in design. Not one post on feedback forum has been positive ( on us or eu). Can you guys give us some acknowledgment?

Thanks,

Felothelock

5 Likes

It’s the compounding problem of bad class design other classes have historically suffered from. The worse it gets the fewer people playing it means the less and less quality feedback it gets.

I told them years ago warlock was trash tier. This was hidden by lego artifacts. Once removed it became crystal clear the problems existed but nobody has been playing it so serious to give paragraphs of feedback why it sucks.

Essentially my comment was that the class lacks the defense capabilities to justify it being a turret. Coupled with high mobility requirements of more and more fights it will continue to be neglected in both player feedback and developer updates.

Kinda where shaman was long ago.

2 Likes

It’s really not though.

we have been consistently giving feedback across various medias both public and private with regards to warlock stuff. just cuz its not public does not mean its not there

4 Likes

I’d have to disagree. As a lock main forever, mythic raider, key pusher, etc. All three specs feel bad.

Demo is the “best” spec atm. Without pi or other externals it’s hot garbage. Even with pi it still feels bad to play. It’s clunky, you have to hold cds entirely too much, and again…. It’s clunky.

Aff is hot garbage in anything outside of seed spam. While seed spam IS fun, it’s only got a niche in m+ And two raid bosses atm.

Destro is hot garbage everywhere. With externals it’s a more desirable pile of hot garbage.

this is why i said from day 1 of bfa testing they needed to delete deathbolt and bring back the legion version of drain soul w/ life leech. at least this helped defensively.

1 Like

This isn’t good feedback to my reply. It’s just contrarian business. So you can elaborate anytime now.

Yeah but the problem with Legion was it was borrowed. Nothing should exist in any class where the borrowed power is a handicap. It should be all complementary. Not core to the class functionality.

If warlocks are meant to be turrets they need far more defensive capabilities. Otherwise they need the mobility other casters have. You can’t on one hand say they should be turrets and the other say they should be wet paper.

7 Likes

yeeeeeeeeeep this is absolutely the best argument against borrowed power and its current design philosophy IMO

3 Likes

This is fair. Let me be more specific.

There aren’t enough players playing the class to swarm the forums and twitter with complaints.

You’re exactly right uggolok. We don’t have a preheat or noggie blowing up blizz twitter account.

1 Like

i mean weve got

thd
kalamazi
xerwo
deepshades
sjeletyven

1 Like

The only person on that list who I’ve seen post anything on eu or us forums is kalamazi….and he’s kalamazi…. Lmao

2 Likes

Destro and Aff don’t feel bad. They just aren’t producing. The general way the specs play are fine. I stopped playing my lock at the end of CN because of what happened to Aff and I hate demo. I also agree 100% with demo feeling bad.

Aff was super strong in CN so the statement I relied to of “warlocks have been trash tier” isn’t true. Aff even saw some good representation in MSoD early on.

Again agree.

While I prefer the CN design of Aff I wouldn’t agree it’s hot garbage. It needs some small tuning for ST.

Again some single target tuning on Destro and it would be a much better place.

I feel what you’re trying to say. And I agree with some. But if you’re not playing lock right now then you can’t really comment whether it feels good or bad. Also aff did not see any competitive play early in sod.

Either way this post is about set bonuses. Destro lock set is terrible and needs reviewed. Would also like to see a blue post considering every other class has received one.

I think it’s interesting tough, while you highly enjoy Aff and Destro, i highly enjoy Demonology, appreciate Affliction and think Destro is a spec who was designed around ideals of 10 years ago and not revisited ever since.

I enjoy how Demonology is a high flow of Shards, having control of its shard generation and spenditure.

I enjoy how Imps are not only a damage component, but a partial form of resource for Implosion.

Love how both Hand of Guldan and Implosion cycles work around the minmaxing of GCDS [you can spend HoG with 1 2 shards if the situation is benefic for you, but its more optimal gcd wise to use 3 shards, just like Imploding 9 imps is better than 6, who is better than 3]

Tyrant setups is both very interesting and rewarding CD to min max.

Love how you can play around movement with Demonic Cores [and Shadowlands Borne of Blood drastically improved this too]

Guess we all have different tastes.

3 Likes

I don’t need to play Lock right now to understand how it works mechanically.

Aff wasn’t popular in early normal/heroic but it was very popular in early mythic progression.

I agree the Destro set bonuses need to be addressed. Again the comment I was addressing was that warlocks have been trash and that’s clearly not the case.

“They once parsed well in a raid, so not trash.”

I disagree entirely.

I mean we do and have no problem with people who enjoy demo. I don’t really see how this is relevant to the conversation though?

Aff was literally one of the top 3 performing DPS specs in CN.

Also the first few weeks of mythic it was favored due to multi dotting as well it’s freedom of movement compared to the other specs. Affs main issue this tier is 100% single target damage.

I mean you’re more than welcome too but you’re opinions is clearly biased due to not even being geared on that toon.