Maximum Number of Name Reservations

Why aren’t you increasing the Maximum Number of Name Reservations if you’re complaining that Servers are overpopulated and creating new ones? You give me no incentive to delete the names I actually reserved that I love just to roll on a new server and hope that I get a name that I mildly like.

What gives Blizz?

6 Likes

Meet incentive

7 Likes

I’ll take the queues with the name I love.

2 Likes

This is the most spoiled, entitled post I have come across in a while…

1 Like

That is fine. I was just pointing out that they DID in fact give you an incentive.

Perhaps they will open another and you will have time to get your name on it. . Who knows.

2 Likes

How? It seems logical to me.

1.] Roll out X servers with maximum amount of name reservations being 3.

2.] Realize your initial roll out underestimated player base.

3.] Create new servers and ask the player base to roll on them.

4.] Fail to increase maximum amount of name reservations per account, so even people that are entertaining the idea of trying a different server cannot create characters there.

2 Likes

Because if they did that you wouldn’t delete your previous ones.

Choose your least desirable name, and delete it. Then reserve your most desirable on the new server. Otherwise how would they know you moved?

5 Likes

Adding more res slots will just make things worse. It shouldn’t be hard for you to drop 1 name, select new realm, see what’s available, then go back if you’re not happy.
0/10

2 Likes

Dude their not idiots.

Because Blizzard is basing their realm population expectations on the name reservations. The entire point to this exercise was to gauge server loads for day 1. Increasing the number of reserved names would dilute the demographics too much. They want people to move from Herod to Stalagg, not have names reserved on both

Name reservations are basically $5 for each name.

A $15 sub gets you 3 reservations. Then when the game launches, you unsub the extra accounts after you delete the reserved names on them and recreate on your primary account.

1 Like

TIL that some people just discovered the internet today

The people subbed now are probably like 50 percent of what’s going to be there at launch. There is no way of knowing population beforehand. Should have just made more servers at least double what they have now

its gonna be chaotic id say 20%

*they’re<-

As with anything else a large corporation does, it was likely a money making decision as many players who want names and have money will pay for multiple accounts right now to lock in names everywhere they want.

So character name is more important than the realm you roll on? Unbelievable…

I’d make other toons if I had like 6 reservations, but I got 3 names that I’d rather not give up to take a chance.

Why is it a problem that name is more important that server? Some of us are obsessive and a little crazy.

1 Like

Seems like a simple solution would be 3 per server, max 6.

That’s pretty typical. Each server is basically just a different group of complete strangers you’ll be playing with. If you are the kind of person who can make friends easily then yeah, your character name is more important.

2 Likes