Max lvl PvP

I still don’t know why this isn’t a thing, but the surefire way to stop the Alliance from simply being dominated by the Horde is to introduce Average ilvl pvp at max lvl. Let’s get serious here for a second… we all know that the max ilvl possible changes several times during an expansion (as it should) and many people have vastly different progression rates. I love to lvl alts, but even attempting to pvp with that alt until I’m caught up to gear with my current character is out of the question. The Horde ALWAYS has more characters at top-tier ilvl whether they don’t like leveling alts or just know that they have a monopoly on pvp right now, I’m not sure… but it’s insane and very frustrating.

Please Blizzard… give us ilvl-bracketed pvp.

Oh boy, another “the other faction is OP” post.

Not a chance.

This has nothing to do with faction. Did you even read the post?

Lmao, did you?

You’re complaining about Horde domination.
The irony is that other threads complain about Alliance domination.
It’s a back-and-forth between scrubs who always think the grass is greener on the other side.

No.

The ilvl of gear should be fixed by having proper PVP gear again (BC=>WoD), not by adding more complications like hidden scaling and ilvl brackets to BG match making.

PVP gear needs to be free to be tuned for PVP only (fast to achieve the baseline honor gear and have conquest be BiS alongside accelerated catch up mechanics). Right now it is tied to PVE gear and needs to be gated to never outpace PVE gear in PVE.

I’m giving an example…
If the ilvls are bracketed and the alliance still loses all the time then you know the Horde players have more skill. It’s a simple as that.

Or there are people in premades.

I do miss resilience…

1 Like

Horde does have more skilled players because most want to play on Horde. The pool of players is much larger.
All ilvl brackets would do is skew queue times across the board. If you want to fix gear disparity then there are better ways of doing so.

I disagree. Most people flocked to the Horde because they got sick of losing.

1 Like

While I can somewhat sympathize with your frustration about losing bgs etc, the ^ highlighted part simply isn’t true.

People flocked to Horde mainly for PvE reasons (more guilds/players to play with, more pugs, etc), I doubt many people faction-changed “only” for bgs or PvP.

1 Like

Agree to disagree then.

Queue times will skyrocket for everyone. It won’t work.

for simplicity I agree with OP. templates (ilvl standardizing) would be in the best interest for the Majority of the playerbase. That being said the “Majority” of the playerbase will drop WoW no questions asked once they get bored while the Loyal “Hardcore” players remain. Who do you think Blizzards marketing/development team is going to pander to? the Loyalists that will stick around through the thick and thin or the players that will unsub as soon as they get bored? I am all for templates, like harcore since I am an altoholic but the reality of the situation is, Blizz is a business and they must make their consistent playerbase happy and frankly the “Casuals” aren’t it.

Think adbout it. The start of just about the past 2 xxpacs or so have been very user friendly but as the xpac progresses the content and systems tend to lean more towards the Hardcore side of things. What does that tell you?

Just saying…

This doesn’t make sense. If people get sick of losing and flock to the horde, there will be a bunch of bad former alliance on the horde side ready to get smacked.

This is a get good situation. Assuming you’re posting on your main, your gear is bad, your spec sucks in pvp and you’re sub 50 honor level. You are a big part of the problem.

I mean yes mostly pve reasons is why racials are picked, however there was a massive faction switch in wod to alliance and then to horde going into legion all because of pvp.

Pve numbers always stay pretty consistent in favor of horde though, even in an alliance super dominated xpac like wod, horde still had the better numbers for raiding.

Blizz already tried that in legion to a degree, and it didn’t work, did it? So yeah no.

make friends, have fun.

This 100%, but the thing about BC vs WoD pvp was not only the gearing being better but the classes themselves were far more tame. Were locks and Spriest a bit too good yeah but the game did not have any one spec that can do it all, keeping so if your class was OP at least you had a down side with it. SL pvp is going to a repeat of what we have seen since Mop, a game that has poor balance and too much too often. I really hate to see the xpac fall face first but the way things are looking it will

I think it will be a lot closer to what we saw in BfA, ie. PVE to PVP. I can’t really speak to class balance without playing against or as any of them, but the gearing system looks to be missing the mark because they are tying it to PVE, which never works.