Max level & lowbie characters on same quest?

I was sure this would be in a FAQ, but I can’t find it… help?
I have a lowbie that I’m currently leveling in old world Eastern Kingdoms, who has not selected any of Chromie’s time walking campaigns.
I have a friend with a level 70 who wants to help with a quest I’m having trouble on.
When my friend joins my party, we can’t see each other. We tried quest sync, and that didn’t help either.
How do I work around this?
Thanks!

There could be some sort of phasing issue going on depending on what quest it is you’re trying to do. The only thing i can think of off the top of my head is that there are some quests that are not able to be replayed by the higher level character while synced. Generally these will be things regarding story.

So, ignoring the actual quest for the moment (the character in question is on lots of quests) is there some way to work around the phasing issue and force two characters into the same phase? Right now they can’t even trade with each other.

Only other thing i can think of would be that it syncs to the party leader, not automatically to the lowest level. So make sure your character is party leader, not your friend.

But that wouldn’t explain the trading. What could explain that though is if you’re not on the same server. The only things you would be able to trade if you’re not are items that drop from bosses and conjured items such as health stones or mage food.

I think I found the problem. You were right, I had to sync it from the party leader. But the problem is that any quests that the other person doesn’t have get removed from your list while you’re synched. So the level 70 can’t help my leveling toon with any of his specific quests.

And the whole reason I’m doing this is because I wanted to go for Loremaster, so I can’t just skip those quests and go do something else.

I feel like it’s pretty unreasonable to have Loremaster require quests that are intended for 3 characters. Loremaster is inherently kind of a solo activity, because you’re constantly doing quests that nobody else has any interest in whatsoever. :rofl: When I pinged the zone for help with those quests, I was literally the only person in the entire zone.

I finally just toughed it out and kept retrying until I eventually beat it, but what a pain that was.

If loremaster is what you’re after, you might be better off just waiting until you out level the zone that you’re trying to do the quests in if you’re wanting to do it all solo. In fact, unless you lock your xp, you’d never be able to do all of the quests without leveling above their intended level range anyway. So just something to keep in mind that it’s always something that you can come back to complete later. There are quite a few things in game that will fall into that category if you’re going at it from a completionist perspective.

Glad you got the party sync figured out at least!

1 Like