Mawgrave Krexus (Maldraxxus Spoilers)

(Spoilers for the leveling story of Maldraxxus)

I’ve been a bit late with the game… and ive been avoiding the forums for a minute, but is anyone else just plain disappointed with how they offed this character?

They introduce him by vouching for you, talks some mad game about strength, honor, intelligence yada yada. Seems like a badass right? Total head honcho of Maldraxxus.

…Then he dies off screen. And theres like a total of ten corpses through the entire courtyard, 5 of which are chosen loyal to him. He looks like a wimp.

I was already spoiled and knew he was gonna kick the bucket but… I thought there’d be a cinematic or something…

9 Likes

I figure his story isn’t finished yet? I hope not because it would be pretty lame if three blokes from Azeroth turn out to the rulers of Maldraxxus.

1 Like

Yeah. I am not usually into the “RAARGH!!!”-fighty-Warrior shtick… but something about him was… for lack of a better word, good. He had a cool voice and way of being. Tough, fierce, resolute, and wise.

I was like “noooo!” when he died. I can’t believe he’s gone. It reminded me a tiny bit of how Rezan was so awesome and appeared so briefly before being blown up lol.

10 Likes

Thats what it is. Cool guy we get introduced to… dies the same expansion we meet him in. Atleast Rezan got a cutscene

I was expecting some kind of twist, like the primus reviving him when we complete the runes on the sword or something. Nothing.

Blizzard keeps going on about how they need to make new characters because it’s getting stale… so they kill the new guy and replace him with Draka, Mograine, and Vashj… all old characters.

I don’t get it.

5 Likes

I 100% agree, but I don’t have any more likes to spare, so have this instead! :grin:

1 Like

Yeah, I agree. I honestly thought he was going to be one on one leading with Draka. Felt like they really depicted him as super tough and cool in the pre-expansion and expansion stuff. I was just like, ‘wait, he’s actually dead off-screen?’ Felt really unsatisfying.

1 Like

Yea; the guy got his own model in the super high quality expansion cinematics and he just dies off screen? Really?

4 Likes

Margrave Sin’dane turns good after Kel’Thuzad(the guy who got her to join Margrave Gharmal in attacking Bastion) backstabs her so it seems Krexus was merely a Red Herring for the real Maldraxxus Covenant Leader!

Kel’Thuzad, Gharmal and Vyraz are the Villains of Maldraxxus while Sin’dane ends up being the leader of Maldraxxus’s Good Guys with Krexus being the Doomed Mentor!

The fact that Blizzard made a Lich be a Good Guy(despite having her be manipulated by a Bad Lich) is good news!

One of you folks gave me so much crap for saying that Draka was going to lead Maldraxxus, but given that Krexus is dead and how the Primus prophesied a great leader which Draka seems to be set up for (rogue and warrior both, someone everyone respects) it really seems like she’s being groomed to lead all of Maldraxxus.

2 Likes

I think we need to call this the, ‘King Rastakan Effect.’

2 Likes

Go on … I’m at the crossroads of picking a Covenant now, and if I have a fun leader to follow Necro is one I’m interested in and is one of my best in slots. I was particularly peeved that Draka is nothing more than ZugZug and Krexus dies … but you say we get Sin’dane?

Finninbas does!

I’m merely quoting his statements! Somehow he thinks Sin’dane is a male when she is clearly female just by hearing her voice!

Basically yes.

I don’t want to spoil it for you but the quest campaign was available on the beta.