Maw Groups Group Finder Phased out

Hello when questing in the maw for example Perdition Daily quest Guaranteed delivery. Members joining cannot appear in the same phase. If we have the quest we must be on the same level of questing but we’re out of phase. Please help. We tried to all hearth to venari refuge and that did not work either. Please address group phasing in the maw.

4 Likes

Group up in a sanctuary. Right now, joining a group doesn’t change your shard to the leader’s unless you’re in a sanctuary zone.

People were exploiting easy shard changes to flee PvP, so it doesn’t work any more except in places where PvP is literally impossible.

Relevant WowHead article:

https://www.wowhead.com/news=319430.3/lfg-group-finder-world-questing-is-much-harder-due-to-phasing-changes-in-shadowl

Surely this sharding / pvp exploit shouldn’t apply to people with no warmode on. This makes that group finder tool in the world kind of pointless. Please fix this blizzard.

5 Likes

Its unacceptable for this. I dont care if its cause people are exploiting in pvp. If thats the case then get rid of the group stuff and nerf stuff till they can figure out how to deal with the exploits. The rest of us should not have to suffer cause of a few while already having to deal with an already frustrating zone.

6 Likes

very frustrating quest i just skip it entirely now lol

1 Like

They disabled the above-listed functionality for all zones except the Maw. Currently they don’t want people using the group finder to abandon their f-ups in the Maw either (apparently). Return to Oribos and zone back into the Maw to group properly.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/grouping-in-the-shadowlands/736070

Really, Perdition Hold isn’t even that far from Ve’nari’s Refuge.

This is still unacceptable. When I am already in Perdition Hold and join a group to find that all the players are phased and it took a lot of work to get there to begin with…Then have to go back to Oribos and work my way thru to where I was before is ridiculous. You die you lose some of the currency…you try to get back among the elites and die trying to get back the currency that which you were trying to get is gone. Therefore i for one wont go back to that till its nerfed and the group phasing is fixed.

5 Likes

I literally joined close to 15 groups just now for Perdition hold and all were confused and accusing people of lying about wm on/off and when I suggested to zone out and in a few times the groups disbanded. Started my own group from Oribos and no one wanted to zone out. Basically it’s just an unnecessary pain. I can get guildies to run it, just kinda pointless for 1 quest that should have been quick and easy.

1 Like

January 14th and this is still a major issue. It rather defeats the point of having the LFG tool if you can’t properly form groups through the interface.

April 18th and it still does this. It’s beyond dumb that I have to be in Oribos to group up for a quest in the middle of the Maw, or expect anyone who groups with me to do so.

It is unintuitive and not the way the group finder has worked for years.