Mathias Shaw is gay for Flynn Fairwind?

Hi all,

With the Anduin should be gay post, I just thought I’d ask general chat/those who read Shadow Rising… Do you think Mathias Shaw is falling for Flynn Fairwind? He thought Flynn’s salt covered clothes were intoxicating. And he has been single for so long… a handsome spy master.

Thoughts?

3 Likes

No, he’s getting handsy with that red sonia elf rogue lady.

3 Likes

Yes, and they are adorable. Flynn gives Shaw a much needed dose of carefree humour and companionship. He has a much happier personality when Flynn is near by.

:four_leaf_clover:

17 Likes

god i hope so.

2 Likes

I’d thought that too, especially with that conversation they had ingame.

I don’t want to make any spoilers but the novels indicate that the OP is right here.

1 Like

Evidently the author has a thing for hot guy action.

7 Likes

It’s confirmed that they’re being shipped, yes.

1 Like

With Blizzard’s writing quality, if Shaw was talking to Valeera about Valeera, his line would’ve been delivered more like “W-well, I think I’d take the time to, uh, get to know someone better… /blush”

Book confirms that being around Flynn causes him to loosen up in a way nobody else does.

3 Likes

Flynn gets him loose. They are meant to be.

3 Likes

The writer of the book confirmed it, yes. I think one is gay and one is bi but I can’t remember which is which.

1 Like

Flynn is the fluid one I believe. It’s meant to fit his personality.

1 Like

Maybe the man just has a thing for salt.

I do too. That’s why I spend a lot of time here on GD :wink:

14 Likes

Essentially yea they are being shipped. But i personally felt the two by the end of the book are friends with a chance of romance later.

A romance between them seems rushed and forced pandering. Give it at least a month or two of friendship in the lore before they become officially romantic.

The biggest catch with it is the book gives us shaws thoughts (even though hes going insane in a cell). But we don’t get flynns inner dialogue on the matter. So who knows.

None of the romance stuff in the book is inportant to the main story. Heck most of the book is fluff. And personally i thought book was at best a 4 outa 10. I enjoyed the other wow books more.

3 Likes

I really really hope so.

However if Shaw-wind doesn’t work out, that little smidget in Freehold where the skinny dude (forgot his name) asks about the girl with hair like raven’s down makes me want Taelia to go with Flynn.

2 Likes

Please never change, Rorrand.

:four_leaf_clover:

Edit; I have no idea why the forum keeps misquoting the wrong person. Multi-billion dollar company, and a forum from the nineties.

1 Like

Flynns affections for tealia seem one sided.

Hence the reason why many think tealia mite get shipped with anduin. They meet kinda flirt he offers to give her a personal tour of sw.

Politically tealia is an ideal queen for sw. Daughter of bolvar fordragon. Possibly secret child of calia menethil and hier to lorderon.

2 Likes

It’s Taelia

I also approve of Taenduin. I honestly just want Anduin to get a woman (or a man).

1 Like

“B-b-b-b-baka!”

2 Likes

Anduin as far as we know is straight and for the sake of his crown needs a human women. That is either a noble or high social status. Taelia, lucy, and tess fit the bill. Unless we get a new character.

Now i guess anduin could have a side lover/lovers but he is such a goody goody i doubt he’d do that.

1 Like

He could just have a kid with some women and that would be his heir and get goin’ with Wrathion, but agreed, to much of a goody goody.