Massive stutters with DF client

I ended up uninstalling the game. Did a windows 11 update. Reinstalled the game, and now it’s fine.

Edit: Issue returned.

7 Likes

Ill try a full reinstall tomorrow. Glad to hear that fixed it though

1 Like

I have the same Issue

Windows 10 latest update
i5-12400F
RTX 3070
1TB Samsung Pro 980 SSD

Before the upgrade, everything was buttery smooth with the Shadowlands client, and i mean buttery, i could jump in game and mount up and start flying without even the slightest problem or hitch, i know my hardware is fine and healthy, theirs nothing wrong with my PC per say

I noticed this on the PTR as well

And from reading here, it looks like the client has been built around windows 11 features which is absolutely deplorable and unacceptable for windows 10 users as it seems windows 11 fixes the issue

2 Likes

Is the game streaming textures now? The way things draw in , it’s quite weird.
As to the above post, I hope this isn’t a “well upgrade to 11 to fix this problem” issue.

3 Likes

Same…

Give it some time. You have to remember this is a small indie game company. Ppl think we’re dealing with the same company as CoD here lol its funny. just give it some time

4 Likes

I’ll quit the game before I do that. :rofl:

5 Likes

Having similar issues. The game is nearly unplayable at this point.

5 Likes

blizzard/activision are being acquired by microsoft, i wouldn’t be shocked

2 Likes

all i get is servers incompatible

1 Like

Brand new laptop wiht 6900hx and a 3070 TI. Yesterday the game was running like an absolute dream and today I get the same stutter as you guys. I am on Windows 11 so it isn’t some fix by being on it.

4 Likes

Same. I was silky smooth before this patch. This is crazy bad. It is like playing SWTOR. The reason I quit that game was this exact problem- it drove me crazy. I really hope they fix this. I will cancel my sub. :frowning:

RTX 3070 Ti
Ryzen 3600x
2x8 GB PC4 3200
Samsung SSD
many fans

4 Likes

Same here. Getting crazy fps drops with no addons.

R7 5800X3D
RTX 3070
32 GB 3200 mhz

4 Likes

Testing so far

Made sure im up to date on windows with the new windows 10 Feature Update 2022 ( not much in it and i doubt it effects anything )
Did a full DDU wipe of my NVIDIA Drivers and did a fresh install of new drivers from the NVIDIA website, not using experience.
Made sure theirs no DX or .NET framework updates
Updated BIOS - ASUS TUF B660 Pro D4 MB
Checked other games, all games run buttery smooth , especially FFXIV ( blasphemy )
Cleared all mods, settings, and reset CVARs in wow
Exited and Resetup all my settings
No luck

I am currently trying a full re-install, around 1 hour to download the game to see what happens when i remove the entire wow folders, PTR, retail, classic incase theirs some funky stuff going on

Will report back.

4 Likes

I will be waiting for your report Natsukirei.
I will do a full re-install if it works for you, seems like it worked for Thorgarth.

2 Likes

i also checked if anything changed with my w10 installation settings, such as GPU Scheduling Acceleration and nope, everything’s the same as when i was on shadow lands

2 Likes

Same problem here was butter smooth before this pre patch.when panning the camera frames drop stutters/freezes then Jumps back up to normal frames. Tried uninstall and reinstall and no luck unfortunately. No addons

I7 9700kf
Nvidia 3070
Windows 10

3 Likes

I am noticing that many reports so far are with the RTX 3070, their are other Cards/GPU’s having the same issues of course

I am just noticing the RTX 3070 is the most mentioned card having the issue, also in saying that i doubt the RTX 3070 line of cards is in anyway at fault, the card is not the fault nor would the drivers be at fault

The fault is somewhere in wow’s engine obviously, it might just be a small change for compatibility to run properly with certain RTX cards

3 Likes

Yeah not sure it was doing this in beta as well was hoping retail would be better :rage:

2 Likes

let’s hope wows community manager actually read this and pass on the information quickly and it gets patched quickly

2 Likes

I just updated w10 and still happens. I am updating nvidia drivers rn.
Will report after it.

2 Likes