Massive stutters with DF client

Doesn’t it now? The same thing that causes frame loss on 3090s would be causing the frame loss on all other weaker systems as well.
And “not getting good performance” is not the same as suddenly getting 10 fps in elwynn forest instead of 100-ish before the patch. But according to you we should ignore the guy cause he doesn’t meet some arbitrary minimum requirements, and ignore the obvious glaring issue that suddenly caused this to happen, just because your monstrous overkill of a GPU still manages to put out playable frame rates, despite that performance killing bug present.

1 Like

There’s a new Nvidia driver out today, has anyone tried that?

Thanks for the heads up! Will give it a shot

Yes, just downloaded the new Nvidia driver and no change. bah!

3 Likes

This didn’t fix anything for me.

myself I found using that addon and changing the shader to 0 did nothing. so i set it back to 1 deleted the addon. went into the config file and manually added SET GxAllowCachelessShaderMode “0” and that made a huge difference. while not perfect at least playable till a fix.

3 Likes

I dont want an addon to fix the awful stutter in game. I want Wow to sort it out and set things to rights with the game client.

If I stay out of SW, Org, Oribos, the stuttering isnt that bad. In Chromie time is hasnt been too noticeable either. IF has a lot less stuttering but its also somewhat empty too.

3 Likes

the gx thing helped a little bit but my fps is still noticeably down

Updated driver does nothing to alleviate these issues.

It is a fix for those with a high end gaming pc. Only blizzard can fix something permanently.

1 Like

Worked fine for about 2-3 hours and now it’s back with a vengeance sitting at Karazhan. I’m about ready to uninstall.

1 Like

Yep, exactly - a bandaid fix that mostly works. With that said, I doubt Blizzard wants to make it a requirement that a fair amount of players edit a config file to play the game properly. I’m sure they have plenty of meetings about accessibility, end user experience, compatibility etc… this would probably go against those efforts.

Luckily, they are aware of the issue and looking into it.

2 Likes

Still incorrect. The issue is, subjectively, fixed for -you-, by the cvar change. You -cannot- generalize beyond that point to ‘high-end systems’ or to anything, especially considering there are opposing data points in this very thread.

For instance, I have a 5800x3d, 4090 (but yes, don’t get me started on the horrible fire-prone adapter issues popping up now. I have the side of my case off until the 90 degree adapters are available -_-), ram manually tuned (and stable) beyond xmp, and a 905p intel optane xpoint drive which has markedly lower random access latency than any flash based ssd.

And I still have markedly increased stutter with the cvar change as compared to before the patch. Yes with addons off and the same exact graphic settings.

I am monitoring with RTSS frametime graphs as I do a lot of games on a second monitor. Where before WoW would have spikes in busy Oribos to ~20ms a couple times a minute while doing laps while mounted, now the spikes are commonly up to 60ms and occasionally up to 90ms. That is a quite severe stutter when base frametime with a 120 fps cap is 8.3ms.

5 Likes

Not sure which 4090 you got, but I had to make room in my garage for the GPU. Also this has been going on the Beta for a long time, doubt it’s difficult to fix as I played the prepatch on PTR many weeks ago, and no stutters.

2 Likes

You do not state facts, I have a 5800x3d, 3080 running wow off a gen 4 nvme and 32gb ram. It only helps the issue not fix I still get drops but not as often with the so called “fix”. So please stop stating it as a fix

2 Likes

Yeah, Same thing here, this also happens in Beta/PTR.
Still not solved, no addons.

1 Like

I have stated facts earlier on the post. You’re just not reading all the comments.

Like I have stated earlier, the Cvar fix did not work for me. In fact, if you only tried the Cvar fix, don’t even bother replying ever again. I had to manually add the line to the config txt file for it to work.

I used the tools to check out my ms and I am not getting any spikes or wtv you are getting. You have other issues with your pc. Those having fps drops is related to another issue. I was just getting stuttering when turning the camera. Im at 144hz ultra no drops in oribos, bastion, anywhere. Even epic bgs are fine.

same with me soon as i added that to the cfg file all the issues stoped for me

Would love another update on this. It’s kind of a huge problem…

5 Likes