Massive Free Server Transfers

I disagree.

Blizzard has been telling everyone on full servers to go to new servers. So they’re not going to offer free transfers on Day 1.

1 Like

Fair, but what’s your reasoning? How would you balance the populations between servers?

Anybody know if we roll on a low-pop server, can we pay for Transfer to high or full pop in a week or two?

7 Likes

The reason people aren’t leaving is because they’re dedicated to their guild and friend groups who have chosen a “full” server.

9 Likes

They’ve addressed this in the Q&A, a couple of times. Here’s one of them.

12 Likes

Nah, they can enjoy the queue.

1 Like

Wow, interesting! Didn’t know about that, thanks for sharing! (Accidentally deleted previous reply saying this lol)

Then you just live with the queue. I mean you would be behind a few hours or a day or two at most. By the time you get to your 30s and 40s, a few days would mean nothing, will mean even less if your goal is to speed level into endgame raiding with your friends.

1 Like

This is 100% my issue my entire guild is playing classic and we picked out the server i was here 45min before the servers was supose to be up…its now 3:24 am been more then 13 hours now and i have not even been able to log in…so what am i supose to do? Bunch of the guild have altdy gotten on and are lvl 10+ but nope im still waiting …i cant just go to another low pop server this not to mention the fact i had a lvling group planned out that i was supose to be the tank of but now thats all blown out of the water…like i get there is issues at launch but if there is que times like this a day or 2 from now im just gona say to heck with it

7 Likes

“Hey guys, this server is way more of a problem than we thought. Let’s hop on [Lower populated server] instead.”
ez pz

1 Like

Hasn’t been working that way at all. When half the guiild makes it in and the other half doesn’t, and waiting in queue becomes normalized population imbalances will persist. Full servers will keep queues and new servers will die off.

the queus are not going anywhere, it was 8am on a tuesday this morning and the realm is full - waited 75 minutes so far… imagine this weekend, and its not just faerlina/herod like they thought, every server is queing - cap increase is needed imo - at least while layering is present, i fail to see how this could hurt anything if layers work the way they were explained

1 Like

Just my thoughts here, but if you’re a tight guild or group of friends, wouldn’t you all agree that moving to a lower pop server is in your best interests? I mean, the people you’ll primarily be playing with are the same people you’re trying to play with now, right?

I guess I don’t see what the deal is with sticking to a specific realm if it’s in everyone’s best interest to move.

Guilds with no members ahead of the pack might reroll, but if even one player is doing well they’re not likely to. Plenty of players are around level 20 by now, and many have made really good gold. Try convincing your level 22 friend with 12G that he should reroll on a new server so you can skip queues…

2 Likes

I get that, but again, if this is a really tight-knit group of people, after a couple of hours of waiting, shouldn’t a lower pop server have been considered?

Maybe at this point it is too late, but the only alternative now is to wait. Hopefully the servers balance out after a couple of weeks.

Increase caps, change stance on layering until it absolutely can be turned off with 0 queues. Enable cross realm grouping until transfers are allowed.

But #Nochange.

Yup, our guild has already decided this is the only way we will be moving, to be fair to everyone. We took the free illidan > stonemaul xfers back in vanilla.

Oh, cool. So let’s just make it retail-classic then…

Maybe they can add an LFG and LFR tool too, you know, to help people who don’t want to have to wait around for a group/raid.

Also, I think it’d be great if they just add flying mounts immediately. And change the talents - there’s far too many and it’s hard to decide what to do.

Sarcasm aside, this is par for the course with Blizzard. In 15 years, this is exactly how it’s been and what you can expect from them. Welcome to World of Warcraft.

2 Likes

You want small server sizes while refusing to move…then you get large queues. You hate all modern solutions of solving the problems as “dumbing down the game”, so you get large queues.

Those are just the facts of life. For some reason people are so scared of layers ruining their community…well your community is sitting in queue all night. Much better!!!

1 Like