Mass Interest in Classic Fresh

As evident by scrolling through the forums, there is mass interest in a renewed cycle of Vanilla WoW.
If you think Blizzard ought to give subscribers what they’re clamoring for, then upvote this post, and please engage in the discussion below in order to make the point clear.

125 Likes

Too early for it. Wait til classic cata when half the base threatens to quit

28 Likes

That’ll be an interesting moment in time! Will the bulk of the playerbase continue into Cata, will people hang up their hats and go home once the Lich King falls, or will something else happen?

I suppose we’ll find out soon enough!

2 Likes

having any kind of fresh when there is an active classic expansion out is not going to work, the servers will be dead…you have to have fresh when there is no other classic version out…

3 Likes

PhReSh WhEn?!?!

4 Likes

I’m not sure how well SoM is considered to have done, but obviously everyone (or most) consolidated around a single server that didn’t seem to have a very high population in later phases…

Skyfury, which was a fresh start server (for new content though) that opened with the launch of Wrath Classic pre-patch seems quite alive and healthy, but perhaps that’s a different type of fresh.

I though that and then to my shock discovered SoM was November 2021. A year and two months ago. I’d say a second season is due. However, the Classic team may be in complete turmoil and in over their heads already with this Wrath fiasco. So I wouldn’t bet on it.

1 Like

SOM2 blizzard plz!!!

2 Likes

skyfury was just popular because people like Asmongold, Esfand were on it, it died off pretty quickly when they quit and went back to their normal servers.

I’d play it again, but not yet.

4 Likes

Itll work when cata is the alternative lol

2 Likes

It’s been quite active the whole time, and still is! I’ve never had any issues finding groups for anything.

I think people way over-estimate the influence that popular streamers have over server populations.

3 Likes

I’m looking to play cata again this time more that the last time.

8 Likes

Threatens?

Try does.

I havent seen anyone really asking for this, RDF though please

11 Likes

The only way I would even consider doing vanilla again so soon since the last time is if there was no cata classic, otherwise the player base would be split, and vanilla would feel unpopulated. Also, it would probably have to be vanilla+, otherwise I have no interest in playing the same thing from scratch that I just did a few years ago.

1 Like

Lol ‘mass interest’. Its a handful of old timers.

10 Likes

The Wall of No never really went away, did it.

3 Likes

Threatens?

I think there’s a pretty solid core of people who will never play Cata.

4 Likes

I think there’s more interested in hardcore than fresh