Marksman Pet Worth It?

I have been told that it is worth it to use it because of the leech or movement speed but it doesn’t seem like it’s worth getting rid of 12% overall damage from Lone Wolf unless you are using it for lust. Am I wrong or is it not worth using it like all the other people say?

No it stinks

That’s what I thought :confused:

1 Like

With a pet less damage

The only time you ever use pets as Marksmanship is for open world content, or when a particular enemy is too tough and requires a tank, often which you don’t but the fact you can use a pet to keep stuff off you and nothing interrupts or delays your Aimed Shot channel is important.

So, regardless if it for Ferocity’s Leech bonus, not worth it, they’re just used to tank when a actual tank isn’t available.

1 Like

This is not the way it is. A MM Hunter’s pet does approx. 10% of The Hunter’s damage, on single targets. And that approx. is in regards to a pet being played on auto-pilot, not really under the Hunter’s control. For aoe targets, a Hunter playing lone Wolf does pull ahead.
A MM Hunter w/o a pet is taking a heavy hit to their survivability. The major point of a MM Hunter’s pet is to manage aggro while the Hunter concentrates on DPS.
In a group or with a partner, a MM will be able to go Lone Wolf successfully most of the time, but for solo play, the pet is invaluable.
There are some few Hunters that I’ve seen run some very difficult content as Lone Wolves, the thing is, that same content would have been light-years easier if they’d summoned their pet.
Anyway, it’s not a 10% damage loss. It’s a 10% damage buff, to make up for losing pet utility and damage.

12%!? Noooo, that’s not right.

It’s a flat 10% “buff” — except that the pet itself does enough damage to make up for that 10%.

So on single target, there’s really no difference between a Lone Wolf MM hunter and a MM hunter with a pet.

You only see the difference in AoE situations, since MM pets can’t really do AoE, so Lone Wolf hunters pull ahead.

But pets are still a big asset to the hunter’s survivablity, especially if they want to PvP. Even MM still get benefit from Master’s Call and other pet-based utility. MM just doesn’t hurt as much as BM and MSV if their pet dies in a PvP situation.

If you really, really hate playing with a pet (I won’t lie, this makes me sad — pets are essential to the hunter identity), nothing’s stopping you from running Lone Wolf all the time.

You’ll face a little more challenges keeping yourself alive, but you do you.

In PvP pets are also going to be a liability. The LESS you rely on pets the better, and that’s for all three specs. It’s just that Blizzard hasn’t done pets quite right these current days.

Anyone who isn’t meme’ing in random bgs uses a pet as MM for pvp.

1 Like