Marksman hunter nerfs for 9.0.5 have to be reverted!

It’s not because I’m trying to put down one spec over another, but I thought Serpenstalker’s Trickery was the only effect that double procced, and therefore obviously a bug. If other things double proc then it’s not so clear to call it a bug.

Does not matter if it is a bug or not, if that interaction is the only thing keeping an entire class playable it should remain as it is unless compensating buffs are applies.

They should also make the Survival bomb proc it a second time. Everyone knows that survival needs a big of help right now.

4 Likes

If they’re nerfing our legendary interaction with our covenant ability then shouldn’t they do it with the Shamans Primordial Wave and the riptide legendary? I don’t know what blizzards reasoning is with this.

Thanks so much for putting this together!

I concur. Without wild spirits mm is baddddd. We need a compensation buff

1 Like

Are you sure? I mean they don’t indicate it’s a bug.

For instance when they fix a bug they do something like

And they use the same language with other legendaries.

If it was a bug, then they’d say they were fixing an issue that caused SST to proc WS twice. I am 100% convinced that this is just a nerf.

6 Likes

Lol they thought Brutal projectiles was Called Brutal projections.
Dont even know the names of their own coding assets, no wonder it remained a bugged mess in beta up untill now.

2 Likes

I did not even pay attention to the way they formulated their patch note. Once you put the spotlight on that it’s quite obvious that it’s not a bugfix of any kind but a strait up nerf to a spec that clearly does not need to be tuned down.

3 Likes

MM is and will still be miles ahead of BM.

Wondering what this honestly means for mythic plus. I’m a beast mastery player for raiding but had to make the switch to marksman to both push keys with friends and pug keys to fill out my vault. I already see a lot of keys looking for other casters over hunters so they can have a lust without saccing damage or just purely because of their insane (relatively uncapped) aoe.

I am worried the nerf to serpentstalkers will push us further out of the meta and then we won’t have a single viable spec for pushing…

I get that it was a bug but it’s lasted so long at this point it should borderline be a feature… much like all the “fixes” they’re doing to windwalker monks in the same patch… wonder if we’ll see a buff to the aoe component on wild spirits before too long to compensate…

First of all, let’s get this straight.
Currently: Serpentstalkers Trickery - Aimed shot also fires a serpent sting at the primary target.
Being that it is an additional projectile, Aimed shot should proc wild spirits AND the serpent sting should proc wild spirits. The dot from serpent sting should also proc wild spirits.
Multi shot should also proc wild spirits up to 5x and trick shots should proc wild spirits up to 5x.

If Blizzard wants, they can change the legendary to apply serpent string or admit they are bad at grammar.

This is not a bug fix, it is a direct nerf while being grammatically incorrect.

4 Likes

That reasoning is simply stupid. BM and Survival are in the worst spot possible. You won’t make them more competitive by nerfing MM. We need to see real buffs to BM and Survival without hindering MM competitivity in the process.

Buffing lower specs and nerfing the top end spec to make all specs match the power of the middle tier specs is how proper balancing should be done. Nerfing a slightly above average spec because you’ve no idea what the current status of the game is awful balancing. To show how clueless the balance team is you can take a look at the Eagletalon’s True Focus balancing on PTR. People starting to have fun with it and they nerfed it so bad that it’s even worse than it’s live counterpart. What a shame.

6 Likes

at the fact they are buffing fire mages, a spec that easily outperforms MM already. Makes perfect sense. Nerf MM, buff Fire, and then wonder why everyone hates you.

3 Likes

Definitely. Fire mage is top tier in 3/4 high level content. The only content they aren’t totally bonkers is RBG but they’re still a descent pick.

1 Like

Great.
Designers: Fire mages are too powerful. Let’s nerf hunter.
Designers are balancing the game by their a s s. I will afk if I really see this nerf in 9.05.

4 Likes

I will quit. Good balance resolves the problem that there are too many hunter players.

1 Like

A lot of Warrior fans playing PVE only left due to the poor balancing for their class at the beginning of the tier, and it’s still ongoing.
It’s to be expected that a part of the hunter player will do the same. Currently hunter is the most populated PVE spec so the drop of player will be more noticeable.

I think it’s pretty clear that the balance team has absolutely no idea what they’re doing.

Rogues are in a pretty similar state to hunters so I feel for you. Sub rogue got nerfed so hard in beta that itcurrently trails the top dps by about 20%, and it’s literally the bottom dps spec on 6/10 bosses. Sin is also at the bottom and outlaw which few enjoy playing is decidely mediocre.

Blizzards answer is to buff the top performing specs. Thoughts and prayers, I suspect the blizz team ain’t listening.

Yeah rogue is with hunters and warrior in meme category.

This hurts. Hunter is in a good spot, but we still have a hard time getting into m+ because everyone has a bias against our bloodlust. I have to be over qualified to get the invite over a mage or boomy. The other spot goes to a melee.

I usually take home 5.8-6.8k dps overall in a M+, I’m wondering how much this will effect an entire run.