Marks of Honor Grind Unfun and Unfair

Nope, that’s only the high level raid gear!

This expansion has a great opportunity to promote world PvP and warmode through these quests though. Legion didn’t really bring the desire to go defend a fort.

I agree with the OP here on the side of professions as well.

PvP content doesn’t have to be battlegrounds/Arenas exclusively and most times I find that winning a brawl is harder than winning a battleground because of the fewer number of players.

World content PvP for marks isn’t a terrible idea

5 Likes

It’s not a matter of fault. It’s a matter of PvP rewards for PvE.

1 Like

sweet jesus if they’re going to make stuff that requires pvp currency then it’s a pvp item but it’s completely triggering that they’ve made a pvp set with out it being a pvp set because all the sets are the damn same and mean nothing

now im triggered at blizzard too

My point is that’s a garbage argument, if the towers required flagging and the opposite side didn’t defend it doesn’t mean it wasn’t PvP. It just means one side didn’t show up.

1 Like

i did those quests all the time and I don’t think I ever saw anyone do any pvp on them ever

I doubt the quests even showed up on the opposite factions world quest list for the day

1 Like

No crafting the item doesn’t require anything from PvP. Leveling the recipe does. It’s nothing to do with PvP it’s just a recipe… there are No corresponding PvE equivalents in professions right now.

whats the name of the item?

1 Like

Really? Garbage? Well in that vein, so is yours then simply because it’s the oppposite of what I think?

Having them moved to rewards for actual PvP was the correct choice in my mind.

I’m not saying that Bliz shouldn’t put open world PvP with Marks as rewards in BFA, but if they do, it should be for PvP. But from some of the replies here, some will actually still consider it unfair.

2 Likes

The reward is not for PvP though with the exception of the engineering helmet.

Its fine to put incentives cross content but if I want to make a crafted trinket what is the reason for sourcing that inside PvP content as opposed to anything else?

The reward should match the content.

Funny-- I was killing players nearly everytime. It felt like PvP and PvE when I had to kill players AND PvE NPC’s.

I have no idea what WQ you were doing, but they were always packed on my servers. :rainbow:

2 Likes

Perhaps if one has war mode activated then they have access to special world quests that relate to PVP in one fashion or another. Said world quests can reward Marks of Honor, the new service currency (forget the name) and or Conquest points in addition to perhaps resources and gold.

BTW has Blizzard implemented PVP gear vendors yet? I haven’t been involved in the scene, seriously, in so long.

2 Likes

I’m just going to facepalm. What should have happened was blizz should have given bonuses for defending the tower… they didn’t. I put that on blizz.

The issue here is definition of ‘PvP’, we’ll agree to disgree. I think that if you have to flag for a quest it’s PvP full stop.

I actually agree with you, as stated above blizz should have provided incentives to defend, they didn’t. Even when people did it turned into a corpse camping fest… which isn’t fun.

1 Like

Never packed for me. Even joining groups which transfers characters around the realms didn’t produce more than one.

That’s been a common suggestion for while, which is fine. I don’t disagree. But the way the game’s been built, all sorts of things have been behind non related content. Xmog recipes behind raid bosses, for example.

1 Like

Times have changed with warmode though.

We should be moving content outside of instances and into the world.

1 Like

I don’t agree, warmode isn’t for everybody. There are innumerable threads on this, and forcing people into warmode for professions is unacceptable.

3 Likes

War mode should not be forced for anything but if there were to be a new type of tower world quest for marks then I’d expect it to be achievable only while in war mode

2 Likes

Nope. Gonna wait and see how the Azerite currency goes from the mythic cache.

Absolutely. Every player should have access to every item in game with multiple directions or paths to reach them.

I do not care what another player in this game does to get items, gear, stuff, etc. I only care what I do for my own characters and getting these items through marks is a great option. If there were options for PvP players to get raid sets from battlegrounds or arenas, have at it.

Isn’t that going to take a very, very long time? /moo