Many recent bugs all seem to be tied together

EDIT: To those who stop by, here’s a great, consolidated thread to contribute to. It’s where I’ll be adding anything new from now on.

Many of the issues that players are reporting seem to all be all related.

• Mounts don’t mount, instead the character just runs at the speed of the mount. (The Chauffeur looks interesting fused to my right elbow!)

https://i.postimg.cc/1XzsFx8w/Wo-WScrn-Shot-012119-173237.jpg

• Attacking doesn’t dismount, the buff has to be manually cancelled in order to attack.
  • Getting stuck in permanent combat after last kill.
  • The various ‘points’ don’t accumulate (chi, combo, etc), but suddenly appear after the enemy dies.
  • Quest progress not updating.
  • Quests can be turned but they don’t leave the quest log - XP isn’t immediately granted, but item rewards are added to bags.
  • New quests can be picked up but they don’t add to the quest log.
  • Rezzing from death leaves the world in its death, gray-scale mode.
  • In that half dead/half alive state, the char can’t interact with anything (as if dead), but the environment can interact with the character (as if alive).

I’m sure there’s more that I’m not thinking of.

My Orc monk got stuck in this state for the first time during level 17 in the Southern Barrens. Logging out and back in didn’t fix it. I could see others around me mounting/dismounting properly even though I couldn’t.

One thing I noticed was that it’s cyclical by enemy death. Meaning, all those error started after I killed an enemy. When I killed another enemy, the errors all went away. Killed another and the errors returned. Killed another and the errors went away. So on and so forth, indefinitely so far.

I used Zen Pilgrimage to leave and return to the SB and it seemed to reset everything back to normal.

2 Likes

Same. Thought it was my computer and shut down Sunday night. Logged in today and the (many of the same) bugs are back. It seems it happened only after I defeated enemies in a different zone because it was fine while I was questing in Voldun. (Quested in Voldun, opened Stormsong Valley, Killed a rare in Zuldazar then… BUGS)

have you tried right clicking to clear the mount buff in the top right? Happened to me a while ago and i was able to fix it by doing just this.

I do. I picked that up from some of the other posts around the forums.

Trouble is that it’s not a single occurance. Once the character got into that buggy state, it was a constant mount and manually clearing it, repeatedly. (Plus all the other errors that occur while in that buggy state.)

I think these are not related bugs, rather they are one bug that interferes with different things in different way.

I find to get out of this limbo, I usually have to force quit the game 2 or more times.

This issue affected this rogue so badly, that I had to open a ticket.
The GM had to actually delete my toon from the server and restore it to correct the issue.
Definitely messed up.

Just wanted to add that it’s not just affecting chars that use the point system. It happened today on my Arms warrior and Ele shaman. In fact, it just happened to my shaman just now on the Broken Shore. Hearthing to Deliverance Point wasn’t enough. I had to hearth to Dalaran to clear the bugged state.

I’ve started to cover this pretty extensively here: [MORE NEW INFO] Client-Server Desync/Bad Character State and will also add this post to the ever-growing list there as well.

These are definitely all symptoms of the same problem (though it might have many triggers). I’ve found a few posts that have conflicting experiences with some of my tested observations, but overall the symptoms and fixes seem to be fairly consistent.

That’s a great thread! Thanks, Kyrex. I linked your thread in my OP.

If I come up with anything new, I’ll add to that one going forward.