Manifesto of the Golden Tiger Society - RP Idea

IC:

A leaflet written in the Pandaren language can be found in various places around Pandaria, Kalimdor, and the Eastern Kingdoms.

"Follow Pandaren:

Since the disappearance of Emperor Shaohao, our people have existed without a central authority. This approach worked while the mists protected our nation, but once the mists dissipated, it left us wholly unprepared for what happened next.

–Invasion by the foreign empires of the Alliance and Horde who brought their war to our shores, carved out territory not their own, and committed crimes against our people in the process.
–The return of the Sha (caused by the Alliance and Horde)
–A massive Yaungol assault on Kun Lai
–Two major Mantid swarms.
–The destruction of the Vale
–Increased Mogu raids on our villages
–Mass casualties and kidnappings by the forces of the Burning Legion
–Significant destruction caused by the forces of the Old God.

*How much longer must our people suffer indignities and death at the hands of foreign powers? It is very clear the current situation of fragmented towns and villages is no longer tenable now that Pandaria has been thrust back into the world filled with hostile powers. It is time for us to re-establish a centralized imperial government and standing military to protect us from threats, administer laws, maintain and build infrastructure, establish trade agreements, and assert our sovereignty.

To be clear, we do not seek a return to isolation and we are not opposed to having relations with the other races of the world, but such relations must only be conducted with mutual respect for national sovereignty. We respect their sovereignty, but it has been made very clear these foreign empires think little of ours.

The Golden Tiger Society seeks to guide our people to a new era where we speak with one voice. If you wish to lend your skills to this worthy cause, join us!"

OOC:

In an effort to help foster serious Pandaren role play on Moon Guard, I had the idea of creating a non-guild based secret society centered around restoring the Pandaren Empire. Why a RP community instead of a guild? Well, two main reasons:

1. I’m busy irl and I don’t have the time to run an actual guild
  2. As a secret society, I think it works better as a community rather than a guild. That way your character can go about their regular business and role play however you wish without feeling boxed into anything. Then you can attend meetings/events with the Society as they come.

Anyway, let me know if you’re interested!

EDIT: I just realized I posted this on the wrong character. Please contact my Pandaren monk Chìen.

4 Likes

I really like this idea! I could see a partnership perhaps or even a butting of heads between the Golden Tiger Society and the Commoner First Party.

2 Likes

I’m down with that if this catches on at all. Hit me up on Tarquin or my monk, Chìen (alt + 141 for the i).

2 Likes

Ooh, sounds like a fun idea. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks! Contact me if you’re interested in getting involved!