Mana Issues in M+ in Pug Groups

The mana issues are still with Disc. Okay, not for entire runs a lot of the time, but even then you can still get them. The biggest problem is early on before you get your anima powers for mana orbs and can eat fast. I just hate the stress of dealing with tanks who consistently ignore your issues and really don’t want to but think I am going to start rage quitting at the first sign of trouble.

This comes after pugging a couple of bricked 17s and because of people dying left and right when I go oom. I mean you have a lot of issues in a lot of pug groups, but this one takes the cake. I don’t know why Blizzard gives some healers endless mana (paladins) plus everything else under the sun. It is really annoying.

I don’t know what you can do to address this issue besides whisper tanks before every run and pack a lot of mana pots. I mean, you can make macros that spam chat with OOM or something to that effect. And/or just unsub or reroll a paladin until this issue is fixed. But is there much else can do?!

Edit: Another thought: Maybe it’s time I also just start Life Gripping these ignorant tanks.

The tanks usually listen to me (usually) when I say ‘need mana’. But, you should also sip as much as you can even if they face pull.

Oh, I do. You are singing to the choir dude. But a lot of times my toon will simply automatically stand up when I am not at full mana because the tank has pulled.

I also have macros that I use to say in chat that I need mana. And when the tank ignores me I start to spam them. But that rarely makes any difference. I just wish there were some way tanks would pay attention. I end up just getting really mad, and then when the key is bricked I see the tank say something like “You guys don’t know how to do mechanics.” Albeit, ignored mechanics usually mean the dps need spam healing–the cause of the oom in the first place, but just ignoring my need makes it a lot harder to time keys because of deaths and even wipes–which wastes a lot of time.

What really burns me is when the tanks can see people are dying and it is because I go oom, but they continue to ignore the problem. So not only can I not do any healing, people are dying, and I can’t even do damage–and often end up dying myself. And then people have to run back or whatever. I find a lot of tanks are completely oblivious unless others in the group speak up and say wait or say dude, we are dying because the healer needs mana to heal.

Don’t suspect this is going to change this expansion. Be happy they gave you “loose anime” as far a as anima choice in m+

One good reason to go NE. Move away, meld and drink

1 Like

Night Elf, huh? Yeah, makes a lot of sense.