Man, that LFG experience

Man I’m so tired of LFG for M+, 250ilvl Dps doing super subpar damage with single digit ints. Tanks thinking they’re on the MDI and healers, well healers and gods gift, god bless them.

Just had a KSM, 250ilvl frost mage do 2.9k dps in the first half of HoA before dropping group. My mate must’ve been a double amputee playing with his feet.

If you’re horde, you have full use of both arms or you’re pretty handy (lol) with your feet and you want an M+ buddy add me Nublife#1895

I’m mainly on my 239ilvl Fury War, 2030io trying to work my way through some 17s. Ilevels kinda low but I know where my int is and I average 7-9k dps overall depending on the run. I’m far from a pro, I just want to play and have fun with people who have some semblance of what’s going on.

Pls save me from my misery, I need some friends mine are all gone :sob:

5 Likes

Lol it happens. I had a run for a +5 and it was just a absolute mess. The tank and healer was much more geared than the dps (we were geared for a +5) but the tank kept pulling more than I’ve ever seen and it took us so long to kill everything that way since he was only kiting and not actually fighting the mobs himself. So both the tank and the healer weren’t dpsing at all. Mobs kept healing and stuff. They kept fighting about how the tank didn’t need a healer and the healer was complaining about everybody else. What a run. We did not make the timer. Lol

2 Likes

Ye it does happen, that sounds like the tanks fault, trying to do stuff the groups not ready for.

Personally I don’t care if we don’t make the timer, as long as it’s a decent run an it doesn’t break down into an argument and my key gets abandoned :joy:

2 Likes

High iLVL, AOTC, CE and KSM people join LFG for the same reason they join LFR and also the exact same reason they join an AOTC only pug raid and the exact exact same reason they blow an an M15. It’s also probably the same people who purchase an AOTC run or M+ carries.

So they can look good and get into any group while doing jack all.

It’s not until someone with a DPS meter comes along and says “Oi mate, ya’ suck!” before they get called out.

I’ve seen people here openly admit that “I am buying an AOTC run so I can get into AOTC groups” and than proceed to make excuses like how they are good enough for AOTC, but still justify buying and AOTC run, admitting they are doing it just so they can get into an AOTC group or, in some cases, people have admitted they just want to start an AOTC only group so they can be carried.

I’ve been in those pug runs before in both raid and M+ where these fancy shmancy players do bugger all and I would get more enjoyment bashing my head against a brick wall. And once you are in enough of these runs you very quickly learn that if you are joining a pug run and you get these people who look good, but their mindset is that they just want to be carried, than you very quickly walk out.

This is exactly why I never pug for my own M+, I’ve been in too many runs where players think they are gods gift and it’s just not worth the risk to wasting your own time. Although I do tend to pug into M+ because if I see these players who just want to look good and not lift a finger, I just make some crappy excuse and walk out.

Any tank who knows how to breath will look at a 250 iLVL players and automatically assume they should have have a brain to pull more than 3K DPS no matter how small or big the pack is. But sadly some players are just dead weight, they decide before they even start gearing and getting an M+ rating that they are never going to put in effort.

Or they are just that bad you wonder why they were even able to make it that high in the first place and that is solely on Blizzard for allowing carries to even be a thing.

No one at 250 iLVL should be pulling the same DPS a 200 iLVL player can do, and I mean no one. My 195 iLVL warlock can pull 3K+ DPS.

1 Like

Tanking is more than just pulling. It requires knowing what to pull based upon the healer’s ability to heal, and the DPS’ ability to kill things. Also, some mobs can be avoided, which is faster than killing, just saying.

3 Likes

You said what I said but in more words lol

You could have a blind tank pull random enemies based on in game sounds and incorrect directions from the other members in the group, any DPS at 250 iLVL who pull 3K DPS (as what OP stated) are simply doing it wrong and are 99% the sole reason why the group failed. Not to mention they left halfway, so if that isn’t obviously that persons fault than I don’t know what to say.

Tbh the tank was way over pulling also, and on sang/storming with not the greatest dps isn’t the best idea

HoA - First pull was the normal 3 packs, plus the single add up the right path and all the tiny adds near by.

Second pull was the pat, the 2 casters near the mini boss guy and the miniboss guy himself, I’ve totally forgot it’s name, shard maybe?

Anyway it was a total nightmare :joy:

You made me wish I was horde :frowning: I feel you though.

That person was either trolling the group, drunk, or high.

I’ll take ‘A DPS who only wants to be carried’ for $400 thanks Alex.

I’ve seen my fair share, and like I said above even had people on these forums openly admit they only want AOTC, KSM or a good iLVL so they can be invited into the higher groups and do nothing but be carried.

Because why not, Blizzard let them get carried to that level and than players can’t really distinguish who is actually good at that level until the run has started. It’s only risky in a raid where you can be kicked and it means nothing, for keys the key holder needs to risk it because if you do kick someone you are basically bricking your own key.

1 Like

There’s no leaver penalty for M+ and a lot of huokan community focused guilds run events where they just sit and join random natural pugs and sabotage the runs. Been going on for a long time, it is part of the business model. Makes forming natural 17 pugs fairly difficult, because a good 10%-20% of decent ranked players at any point in time are suicide bombers.

2 Likes

Just another reason Blizzard need to outlaw paid carries. How can a community be allowed to purposely tank runs just to encourage more sales to be done? It’s worse when you think that people who are being carried can be garbage and you wouldn’t even know until you played with them.

Just another reason to add to my list of ‘Never going to pug again’.

3 Likes

It’s why I don’t pug anything. I only heal for friends or guild mates.

I haven’t done a key in a month but that’s mostly cause I’m not a fan of M+ anyways and they don’t harass me for them much now lol

1 Like

truth about the carries.

what really sucks for everyone that wants to play and progress is these carries force people to keep setting the bar higher and higher.

some good examples ive seen are now groups pugging the 2st three myhic boss want people that has mythic experience. atoc is meaningless. I’ve seen people wanting 2400io to get invited into a +20. because who knows how many runs you’ve bought.

it will get worse and worse.

1 Like

There are ways to fix this, Blizzard even have them in built into the game, and I don’t mean the M+ rating system. But the combat logs we use, they are built into the game, Blizzard just need to implement them the same way warcraftlogs use them in the same way they made an IO system of their own, so we can see now only what your rating is, but at a glance can see how many runs you left, what kind of DPS or HPS we are dealing with. And I am sure there is some details for tanks like damage mitigated, self healing and whatever we may find useful.

If Blizzard just keep a rating system than 99% sure the bar will get set high enough that no one will even be able to pug without providing their own logs, and people don’t log, not really, not until you hit those high keys to begin with, or when we do casual guild raid clears for bragging rights.

I hear you I’ve completely plugged my way to 2435 as blood DK, I’m hitting a wall now because every single run there’s at least 1 dps that dooms the run before it starts only being able to put out 6k overall.

Wish people would stop applying to keys that they can’t actually do enough dps to time. Guess it’s the benefit of playing dps and having a far easier time gaining IO cause all you have to do is get lucky that the other 2 can carry your bad damage. Healers and tanks don’t get that benefit, they have to actually put the effort into mastering it since nobody else can make up for them being bad

I know how you feel. It’s so weird building groups and I invite some 245’s for something easy like a +10. Then they’re pulling like 1-2.5k dps. The boss fights last way too freaking long. I’m always extremely confused because I’m like “how the heck did you get to that item level with this dps? And if you were carried, why are you punishing my group by actually playing when you know you don’t have the skill level to pariticipate?”

1 Like

I find it hard to believe this happens, but I also recognize that I’m not a troll (in game haha I fully recognize that many think I’m a forum troll :wink: ) I don’t understand why people do it, and think people who find enjoyment in ruining the game of other people are awful… so.

source?

Something like a best dps for instance metric would be handy but it could easily be abused by running a +2 and doing mega pulls

There needs to be something, Io isn’t enough, the best thing we have right now to judge is timed 15s but that’s still not fool proof, it’s easy to be carried through a 15 and have done practically nothing.

My issue is more with leavers than poor performers tbh.

I know people hate the topic and don’t feel like they should be “held hostage” by a bad group. But imo as a minimum when joining a group you’ve committed to the 39 mins or w/e the timer is, leaving prior to that should incur a penalty - if it’s just whatever ramainder if the timer is? Sure, if it was up to me I’d slap a 6 hour lock out on those who leave before the timer has expired :joy: