Man I feel bad for people that use ret only

I was feeling lazy and decided to swap to ret for a week last week. It was awful. I couldn’t even get into 5s hardly. I spent an hr+ looking for ANY key. On my main hunter I barely spend 15 min looking for a key usually, since ranged lust class or FOTM godmode melee with lust are always welcome.

I really wish ret had something to make them more desirable in keys.

*straps shield back on

Alright back to it I guess.

6 Likes

Retribution paladin is a bad joke.
Just it.

2 Likes

Swapping to holy or prot and gearing our ret through our tank and or holy spec.

The only way you’re gearing ret by exclusively playing ret is through pvp where they dominate pretty hard.

2 Likes

If ret dont get a rework to DF and holy continue to use holy power to heal (i hated it) im considering play next expansion as tank, even dont like too much tanking

1 Like

Holy power was a great addition, do you not remember holy without it in BFA? Without azerite traits propping it up holy was a garbage spec.

1 Like

But Holy was amazing in Legion without HP. They just broke it doing yet another rework in BfA and needed glimmer to make it better. Then they decided to slap HP back on it because they thought people liked it and now we’re a combo point healer. And not in a good way like MW used to be with chi.

2 Likes

Yeah I did the opposite and holy poop is it night and day. I still out dps most people overall for the dungeon in prot spec. Funny thing is that I pull great dmg as ret but there is such a stigma. The class really has a small margin for error.

Us paladins need to stick together and run content together so we can try our dps class out. I did once run a full pally group and everyone just cycled wings each pull and it worked amazingly well.

I geared ret from doing my 3k grind as holy. Now that I did that, I get into keys as ret, but not many. When I do get into them tho, I pump pretty hard, not meta classes/spec hard, we’re still leagues behind. It’s actually pretty fun to play now with the tier bonuses.

I think if they brought back blessings, maybe for ret only, you would see a lot more inclusion. There’s a lot of work to be done to have people be like “Oh look! A ret paladin, get them immediately!”.

Wait…Paladin has a 3rd spec option?

I jest. I DPS in Prot Spec…

Is it really a joke?

I did a 7 DoS last night where I was the top DPS. Of course the DPS were complete garbage, only averaging around 4-5k. And the mage forgot he had time warp despite me calling out for it on 2 separate bosses… then TWO of the DPS didnt get their visages down on muhzala…

so ya… fun run.

(PS im already getting tired of DoS not giving me my scale)

I remember back when I mained pally in BFA is wasn’t any better, I’d spend half an hour looking for a mythic + group as ret until I decided I’d just learn prot pally and spam M+ keys and have my loot spec to Ret, worked quite well the only way I could ever get into mythics as ret is if my ilvl was much higher then any other person who applied, so I’d often do a 10 key when I should have been doing something closer to a 16

We were actually good in BFA with mastery corruptions + 30s off wings and random procs with visions of perfection. I’d even say a little OP, not most OP but it pumped.

Had 0 trouble getting into groups. There just aren’t as many people playing, games not as chill with the lack of gear drops compounded with even less with only +1. Blizz really destroyed the reward system this expansion

1 Like