Maledict becoming magic tomorrow

• [With weekly maintenance in each region] Unchained Gladiator’s Shackles of Malediction’s channeled Shadow damage is now Magic dispellable (was Curse).
    • Developers’ notes: We’ve made this change to open up more counterplay options for all of our healer specs by changing the dispel type to Magic.
6 Likes

Slightly ruins my 2s comp since we don’t have a magic dispel…

Big sigh.

3 Likes

run imp gg no re

:^)

2 Likes

Fishing for a magic debuff with imp for a rare chance isn’t worth it. I’m more so worried about my partner than myself. I can fear it on me easily, port it, rocket leap, soulshape, or reflect it. I can only CC it off him.

1 Like

Should have been at release

8 Likes

Go go gadget imp? o.O

Edit: I have just noticed the other comments… oops

You do realize this just basically nerfs most hybrids which is good and also makes it the healers job. Maybe the rsham/boomy/ele running double earth ele can be punished now

2 Likes

They also nerfed my void volley. But hey rshams getta keep their Earth ele .

4 Likes

i mean… it buffs things like Ret / Ww / Dh which really did not need the buffs…

5 Likes

So basically maledict got buffed

1 Like

Mages, druids and shamans also didnt need this special buff when it was introduced.

Better have it for WW/DH/Ret and make it fair for every healer than its previous version

yeah because ww/dh/ret arent top tier specs and need this. no we must nerf those dang enh and ele shamans again.

1 Like

Are you saying ele and enh are bad or what?

5 Likes

Now shadow priest utility even better, 15sec cooldown MD .3sec cast to take care of the trinkets.

All in all, pretty ok changes. Just wish they targeted hunter some.

Yeah that is a bummer. Especially since ret is already really supportive. Ww and dh not as much. Anyway much rather that than letting a bear form boomkin with 30k frenzy dispel his own mala and come out at 100% after his healer sat 20 seconds of cc. You may actually need stuns/cross cc now, which is healthy for the game rather than three idiots pooping all their CDs and all pushing mala

a thousand times worse than ret / ww / dh. bad ? no. but whatever you consider enhance, whatever arbitrary skill level you are ranking enhacement, you have to double or triple that before you begin to talk about any of those three .

2 Likes

I mean I think a lot of us are annoyed by rsham and just want nerfs to them but this will probably just actually help them now because they will hit up their friend Ricky the ret to que

1 Like

even resto shamans are annoyed with rshamans. its just the earth ele legendary. if they dont want to remove it entirely, then nerf the damage in PVP and make the earth ele earthquake not stun and/or put the earthquake stun ON THE NORMAL STUN DR.

1 Like

um okay i guess, sorry that your speccs are performing so bad and that the maledict change will make it more fair for everyone with exception to shamans/druids/mages.

#buffele
#buffenhance

the excception should also apply to any dps who can dispel magic. it doesnt change that some DPS specs are going to be indirectly stronger, it just changes which specs are indirectly stronger.

instead of having Shamans / Druids / Mage dps very strong against Malediction, it makes Ret / WW / DH / Shadow and Kyrian convenant much stronger against Malediction.

it doesnt actually move towards a more “balanced” game, it just shifts the unbalance onto other specs

2 Likes