Maladath - Blizzard whats next?

Can we get some official Blizzard posting on whats next? It’s easy to get caught up in rumors and guessing, so could you please outline what will happen to this realm?

I opted to keep my Mage back on the realm (mainly my mage name is already taken on the other realms that is available for the free xfer).

Are you guys going to leave the server alone now that at least 50% of the population is gone or are you going to add it to some small pop server group or will the server all of a sudden have an issue and end up getting “deleted”?

Maybe to fix your mistake, you could add RDF to only this realm and add JJ to only this realm. By doing either or both of those things, it would show you still care about the realm and it would become the most populated server of them all and everyone that took your free transfer off, would end up paying to be transferred back.

2 Likes

RIP Maladath.

1 Like

I literally just got here.

2 Likes

Maladath was only a population overflow dumping ground to assist with WotLK. It was not destined to be a long-term viable realm.

Now that we’re a few months into WotLK, Maladath has no useful purpose. It’s best for you to leave for more stable realms.

Oh, make no mistake Blizzard is trying to shut down Maladath and four other servers. The end goal is to have like 5 servers of nomads who have no care about a Classic community or anything like that (which Blizzard claims to care about but by doing things like this they are showing it’s a blatant lie) and are focused instead on “beating others” on a third-party website, because they like to feel better than other people and beating others in a video game is the only way they can get it. As for people who care about other stuff including the community in the game? Well - they can quit.

Of course with no word again other than a support article updated on Saturday because support was getting slammed.

Why do people think something is happening with maladeth?

because of this;
Starting January 26, 2023, all AM and EU realms are open for character creation.

The only free transfers available going forward are as follows:

THE AMERICAS
From Maladath To Ashkandi, Westfall, Windseeker

1 Like

huh, why tho?

that would make the realm the best and everyone would want to be on the server that offers RDF and/or JJ

That is not how servers work and increasing leveling speed is not making anyone reroll anytime soon.

Not all of us took free transfer lol some of us paid you that little thing people do when people are tired of being on a dead servers and stop expecting Blizzard always to come to the rescue lol. You know on the internet you can use special characters to create your name and that’s free lol. If you play on Alliance there’s a lot of good realms to transfer to example Atiesh or if you play horde example Mankrik lol but whatever you choose it’s not Blizzards responsibility to make life so easy for you when they have done enough

Theres no such thing as the “classic community” in this game. It’s literally elitist struggling with a 15year old game thats already been mastered a million times.
The majority of players are now basically sitting on piles of gold and resources and like literally no one to buy em. All your stuff is sitting on bank alts.
The pvp situation is non competitive because of bots. So stop holding onto some non existent community that isn’t even around anymore. Some of you people are really into some conservative thing in a video game that really is weird. Sorry.
Honestly I feel a lot of people probably gave up on MMOs after New World because they are designed well, but managed by people that have no idea what their doing, and played by people that can be easily manipulated.
Their just feeding idiots at this point. No one is focusing on PVP or well designed PVE anymore. It’s crap for bottom feeding fish.

3 Likes

shrug I was pretty happy with how things were in 2019 - early 2021 or I would have quit on month 1, but yeah the game as it stands isn’t really my thing anymore because there’s too much of what you mentioned especially on the cesspool servers.

What’s unfortunate IMO that people on here HAVE said (I wasn’t a part of it but multiple people have said it) is that Maladath did have a nice little community. I’ve heard that time and time again about the servers that have died for whatever reason and to me, that’s sad because that means the real game has died. You can believe what you want in general of course.

I do agree that MMOs are kind of dying out because of the focus.

2 Likes

Maybe blizzard can do us Maladarth people a soild and change the 10man raiding down to 5 man and the 25 man down to 12 man difficulty, since they took half the server it only seems fair…

one guy now has been spamming voa10 for 40 minutes and still needs 3 dps… man…

I’d be on, but I have RL stuff atm.

The quite (the little I’ve been on) is pretty uncanny though, I do agree with that.

I loved leveling with my guild on Maladath, but the writing was on the wall and we all took the transfer. Will really miss the community that was there but it was murdered.

There was a classic community on each server until they started to provide transfers.

1 Like

Why even bother suggesting something so silly when there is a 0% chance of that ever happening.

if Blizzard can do something so silly to Maladath (opening up free transfer off), why can’t I suggest something equally as dumb?!

2 Likes

I’m so heartbroken right now.

I’m trying not to cry.

I logged on after cleaning up 2 days of RL stuff only to find no one chatting in LFG or trade… Having problems finding a H+ pug that used to only take 10 minutes to get into, and no raiding pugs during prime time like there was last week.

Damn you for this Blizzard. Damn you.

2 Likes