Making Money Feels Impossible

Basically what you are experiencing, is the net result of blizzard removing all barriers to entry on crafting. It’s race to the bottom on everything, even the tiny bastion of gold making that was 168 gear was deleted by allowing venari rep to be account wide.

Gold making is a zero sum game, and it’s always going to feel miserable when there are not gatekeeping things like star recipes, rep grinds, or BOP mats.

1 Like

Holy moly that’s a dedication

Yeah, I make god the old-fashioned way…

I buy tokens. It’s not for everyone, but I get one every few months or So just so I don’t have to work at the game :smile:

I’m not rich, but I don’t need to be. I’m super casual, do some bgs these days. Haven’t done arena in months because all my friends quit and I can’t be bothered to play with Rando‘s. So I have enough gold to make a legendary here or there and pay my repair bills :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I make more than enough to afford monthly tokens just doing emissaries and occasionally grabbing a boe from the raid, the latent gold just from greys/cash is pretty substantial now. You certainly can still make gold off professions (I make quite a few things that give big profit), just do NOT do the legendary crafting, so many people power leveled it and will undercut themselves out of profit on nearly every level of the craft.

Get good at M+ and sell your services. Good M+ players make BANK this expansion!

Runecarving items are ~1/4th of the price they were 3-4 months ago. We also get ~1.2k per calling.
Gold is not hard to get, and this is from someone who is last away af and never farms mats.

1 Like

1,700 gold per day doing 3 or 4 WQ’s.
3,500 each 10k rep (after exalted), you get 1,500 to 2,000 rep per callings.

This is passive income.

After that, you can farm gold the way you like.

1 Like

Is it that much from callings?!

1 Like

Can we get clarity on this issue please? No exactly sure what specific issue you are talking about, I personally don’t have any issue with gold and I never farm and I don’t use the AH.

1 Like

It was great at the start. I sold every Eternal Crystal I came across. Why level enchanting when each crystal is 10k when you can just wait a month for when they drop to 500g?

I even took off the leveling gear I was wearing that had upgraded to epic quality, disenchanted it, and put my bfa gear back on in its place. 10k from one leveling quest reward.

yes, this is what i get on a daily basis.

2 Likes

yes, on average. I’ve seen 1300ish at the low end and about 2k at the high end. it’s usually worth doing unless only tedious quests are up.

3 Likes

Depends on server. 25.5 mil in the bank since Jan. The big players on my server don’t undercut below profit. If some fool comes in and does that, then no one posts until their stuff is gone. Once there are only 2-3 items left at the below profit mark, the market gets reset.

A million a week? How lol
And don’t say no life-ing 20 alts through SL garbage.

1 Like

It seems people are willing to accept a loss on rank 1-3, presuming that the real money will come from Rank 4s. Maybe at that point, if you’re willing to hold out for a sale, you can make a bit, but it’s a large cost to sink (I was selling some rank 1s for 40k+ the first week and now they’re sub 1k). There’s also a problem with the default AH, where people will sometimes accidentally list higher ranks for the rank 1 price, I’ve caught a few expensive pieces that way.

Yeah it’s pretty big, you can basically get anywhere between 1.5k to ~2.2k from the vendor trash from them.

It’s a pretty decent haul.

1 Like

Nah, everyone just missed the days of easy gold playing the AH. It’s too late for you to try to control it against the whales with 10s of millions of gold. They will pretty much always make sure to manipulate the prices on major servers and stomp out any competition.

Gold had a serious inflation issue for a few expansions and the costs of things weren’t matching it. They also didn’t want most of their players being able to stay subbed on low-work income. Yes, I know that tokens are 20$ vs 15$ for a sub, but their goal is to milk a sub AND a token here and there out of people. I know I stayed subbed on several accounts for years, just off 10-20 min a day playing the AH.

I have the opposite problem. Always making gold and nothing to spend it on…

More like 2 mil a week (edit. Sorry you mean what I could make now. Yeah. Now is about a mil.) All through legendaries.

I started SL with about 400K. Got to about 1 million in Jan with Inscription. Then moved to legendaries. There is still money there.

I can assure you it is not impossible, even though it may feel that way, young grasshoppa.